Converting people to U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronJ

Babyface
I've heard some people say (on the Audiogalaxy message board) that you're not a true U2 fan until you've converted someone to U2. Anyone have any good stories about this? What songs/videos/books did you use to convert them? I love hearing stories like these.

I don't know if I've fully converted anyone, but I have gotten many people at least interesed in them.

The best thing to do is to get them to go to a concert with you!

wertsie said:

The best thing to do is to get them to go to a concert with you!

I tried that on my sister, but it didn't work!!!:scratch:
I think she's ----->:coocoo:

I made my best friend a compilation CD though, and I think that got her interested, because she says she wants to buy some of their albums now. She did the whole "U2 sings this? Wow, I never knew that!" Why do people always seem to know the songs but never that they're by U2? :shrug:

I think the best way to do it is not to give them a choice at all. Of course this sounds impossible, but if you have your own children its really quite easy. :D

In the tummy - press those earphones on her belly!

4 am bottle feeds (for the hubby)/4 am breast feeds (for the wifey) - sit by the stereo and play it every time!

Inbetween Elmo shows - play parts of the Elevation DVD!

Do this and I guarantee that you have a fanatical U2 fan before the age of 2 that screams with joy when a U2 song is about to begin. It is really quite fun to watch. In fact, it was reason enough for me to have another baby. :D I am raising my own U2 army! Nothing will stop us! Soon the world will be mine! Ha ha ha ha ha! (evil villain laugh)

Roland of Gilead said:
I think the best way to do it is not to give them a choice at all.

That's what I've been doing with a bunch of my friends. Whenever I ride in a car with them......I bring U2, or, if they ride with me, I play U2. I talk about all the latest U2 stuff with them etc, etc.....I've actually turned about 5 of my friends on to U2. It's pretty cool to see.

In fact, it was reason enough for me to have another baby.

LOL :laugh:

Truly said:

I tried that on my sister, but it didn't work!!!:scratch:
I think she's ----->:coocoo:

I was 15 when Popmart rolled around. My parents took me, and they also took my 18 year old sister. My sister bitched the entire time and said it was the biggest waste of a night. BUT.......fast forward to ATYCLB...she commented to me that she loved BD, Stuck, and Elevation, so I bought her the CD for Christmas. She loves it!! :)

Yes .. my neighbor.. lol.

My neighbor who has been living next door to me for almost 3 years just told me that him and his wife are closet U2 fans.

He showed me War - Rattle and Hum on vinyl.

All this time! I've talked about the concerts I went to, the pictures I have, everytime he sees me I'm on interference, and he's never said a word. In fact I always got the impression that he didnt like them.

So.. he asked if he could borrow my CDs to burn them and he ended up burning every studio U2 CD I have plus singles. Two days later he sends me this email:

Thanks to you I rediscovered a great band.For some who loves music as much as I do it was nice to put those guys amongst the elite in MY CD COLLECTION.From the bottom of my heart-Thanks for the rediscovery.It's nice to come out of the closet and say!-I'am a U2 fan.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I love converting people or helping people to re discover.
It's such a great feeling!

Converts owed to HelloAngel:

2: Parents of boyfriend
1: brother of boyfriend
2: best friend and her husband

:heart:

The only person I've ever tried to convert is one of my co-workers. I've dropped little hints, such as talking about how excited I was that U2 was going to be performing at halftime during the Super Bowl (in hopes that she would tune in herself), but so far it hasn't worked. Maybe I need to drop the subtle approach and go for the hard sell.

I converted my sister!!! I sat her down to watch the Elevation DVD (which wasn't easy coz she's got a whole ADD thing going) she really liked it. She also loved Live from Sydney. I think the audiovisual element really helps, since U2's concerts are so awesome. I haven't converted anybody else...

I've made some people get sick of U2... does that count? :D

My dad always thought U2 was a good band, but he never fully appreciated them until I became a huge fan. He picked me up after he was done at work so we could run errands, and he was blasting EBTTRT so loud that I actually turned it down! *lol* :D

I've converted one of my friends to fanatical proportians, so now she's just like me. She dumped her boyfriend because she thought she was in love with the Edge.:coocoo: At least, that's what she says.
Two or three of my friends have bought c.d.s since meeting me, and like them.
Another is, at the moment, borrowing my copy of U2 At The End of the World to "see what all the fuss is about." :lol:
And one, I just cannot convert. He's a dork, though. He ruins my day with his anti-U2 stuff. :banghead:

Lastly, I plan to TOTALLY convert my children. They shall be fanatics!:yes:

elevatedsoul2 said:
She dumped her boyfriend because she thought she was in love with the Edge.:coocoo:

LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have at least one convert - my brother. He asked me to burn a CD of all of his baseball songs for him, and after I added all the tracks he had on the list, I threw in a live version of Streets at the end. It worked because the next CD he asked me to burn was The Joshua Tree. Now he listens to that album before every game. :)

Roland of Gilead said:
I think the best way to do it is not to give them a choice at all. Of course this sounds impossible, but if you have your own children its really quite easy. :D

In the tummy - press those earphones on her belly!

4 am bottle feeds (for the hubby)/4 am breast feeds (for the wifey) - sit by the stereo and play it every time!

Inbetween Elmo shows - play parts of the Elevation DVD!

Do this and I guarantee that you have a fanatical U2 fan before the age of 2 that screams with joy when a U2 song is about to begin. It is really quite fun to watch. In fact, it was reason enough for me to have another baby. :D I am raising my own U2 army! Nothing will stop us! Soon the world will be mine! Ha ha ha ha ha! (evil villain laugh)

great tips, thanks! ill have to try that, now that im starting the feel the baby move. maybe its just asking for some u2! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom