contact the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allow me...

hut dab is how you would spell the pronunciation of the acronym for how to dismantle an atomic bomb... i.e. if you try to say "htdaab" it sounds like "hut dab."

the creater of this phrase obviously suffers from some overwellming form of psychosis.

as for contacting the band... don't. leave them alone. you want to try and see them before a concert or at some public event? all good... but don't try to contact them at home. that's stalker-like. as for fan mail, well... they know you love htem, and it would be a million to 1 shot that the letter actually ever got to anyone in the band in the first place. one would think their mailbox might look a bit like santa claus' at this point.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
allow me...

as for contacting the band... don't. leave them alone. you want to try and see them before a concert or at some public event? all good... but don't try to contact them at home. that's stalker-like. as for fan mail, well... they know you love htem, and it would be a million to 1 shot that the letter actually ever got to anyone in the band in the first place. one would think their mailbox might look a bit like santa claus' at this point.

Oh man this needs to be posted all over the place in boldface and all capital letters. It really irks me reading people asking for this information. :der:

damnit so you're saying bono won't get my memorial day bbq invitation? :mad:

Carek1230 said:

Oh man this needs to be posted all over the place in boldface and all capital letters. It really irks me reading people asking for this information. :der:

Yes it does. Yes yes yes yes yes. You wouldn't believe the types of emails I get from people who actually think I know Bono and/or his phone number. People are really insane.

and it would be a million to 1 shot that the letter actually ever got to anyone in the band in the first place. one would think their mailbox might look a bit like santa claus' at this point.

Yeah - it probably won't get read. From what I've read, even the ladies who returned Bono's briefcase had to try for months to get a reply and be taken seriously.

HelloAngel said:

Yes it does. Yes yes yes yes yes. You wouldn't believe the types of emails I get from people who actually think I know Bono and/or his phone number. People are really insane.

oh i do. my office of u2 security e-mail address gets probably one e-mail per month from someone looking to get in touch with bono.

let me go find one :hmm:

here we go... this is my all time favorite

Hello,

My name is Roger, and I'm from the Netherlands. I have a girlfriend, Anja, who was like a sister to me for many years. She is a big fan of U2. She dreamed for many years to go to a concert of U2. Last summer her dream seems to come trought. Her husband has bought tickets for the concert in amsterdam. But several weeks before the concert he left her for an other woman. My wife left me in the same period and Anja and I were very often together. About 3 months ago we felt in love with each other. She is very afraid that I will leave her as well, because this is her second devorce. I can't "reach" her, and I can't confince her of my true love for her.

Now I hope that you can help me. Because she is such a great fan of U2, I hope I can get a letter from Bono, written to Anja, that I really love her and that I don't wanna leave her. In the future I want to marry her, because I love her for about 4 years, but I didn't show my love for her because she was married, and I was very close with both of them. It also meant a lot to me that she was at the funeral of my father, january 2000.

I hope I get an answer from you. Thanks

:coocoo:

just send the guy a letter and sign it bono, tell him that you've been boning anja all along... get it...:huh: :|

HelloAngel said:

I can sympathize, both as owner of alihewson.com (people looking for her and Bono) and nadiacomaneci.com (most famous gymnast ever).

Sometimes the e-mails are good, like people interested in donating substantial amounts of money to Ali's charitable organizations, but most of the time they are kids who can't read the giant disclaimer I have on my websites. :huh:

I've read this thread a few times and am baffled.. maybe I missed something?

The question doesn't seem unreasonable: "is there any means of contacting the band? like a fanmail or the like? or their management?". I don't assume this person is planning a stalking strategy.

The answer is absolutely YES! U2 have an organisation that allows fans to, dare I say it, write a letter to U2! By post or email or by carrier pidgeon..it may never get to U2, it may get lost in the post on the way, you may never get a response but why tell somebody, "as for contacting the band... don't. leave them alone.", I have to ask, what does this have to do with you?

Back in 1989 I was 15 I wrote a letter to the fan club in Dublin enquiring about any plans for a tour and was delighted a month or two later to recieve a small letter answering my quesion and a signed photo.

A couple of years back I was fortunate to be part of a conversation with Bono in Dublin when some Belgian fans (nervously) asked about interviewing the band for their magazine, and it was clear from Bono's response that interaction and communication with their fan base is VERY important to them, and the do 'what they can' to respond to letters and requests. He seemed almost irritated by the idea that they wouldn't be responsive. Listen to any interview with U2 talking about the importance of their relationship with the fans and you will hear the same thing. As for the inevitable percentage of nutters well I'm sure U2 Inc. is more than capable of handling them.

Headache I have to disagree with your comment: "would be a million to 1 shot that the letter actually ever got to anyone in the band in the first place."... I would suggest like alot of things in life, if it means alot to you do it, and you never know what might happen..and I bet the chances of a response are more likely that you suggest, even if it's a simple acknowledgment.

Last edited:
I don't understand what's wrong with sending a piece of fan mail to the general address they publish for such things.

If they read it, they read it, and that's their choice to read it. It's not like anyone's interrupting them at dinner with their family to make them read the fan mail.

Would the address posted on the last page (info@numb.ie) be at all useful in trying to contact someone associated with the band to ask about how to go about applying for a licence to remix U2's music?

StlElevation said:
just send the guy a letter and sign it bono, tell him that you've been boning anja all along... get it...:huh: :|

:lmao:

Maybe I'll write to U2 and ask them where they left their balls! :drool:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Maybe they'd respond:

F.O.A.D.

Isn't that really you responding with a veiled personal attack? Man, do you take pleasure in forming counter opinions in this forum?!! :wink:

I don't see the problem with just asking where to send a letter or such to U2:eyebrow:

Yeh if it's along the lines...'Oh Bono I want you babies' or 'Adam you will not live beyond next week, your death will be caused by rock n roll lovin aliens' then hopefully such a person will never come in contact with normal people let alone U2:wink:

One time I wrote a letter to Mark Grace of the Chicago Cubs, and he signed 2 of my baseball cards, and kept the one other card. I assume it's the one he didn't have...

Relevence, there is none, but I do want to be Edge's buddy. :wink:

Got Philk? said:
One time I wrote a letter to Mark Grace of the Chicago Cubs, and he signed 2 of my baseball cards, and kept the one other card. I assume it's the one he didn't have...

[hijack]

I've always heard good stories about Mark Grace signing stuff for kids.

[/hijack]

Zootlesque said:

Isn't that really you responding with a veiled personal attack? Man, do you take pleasure in forming counter opinions in this forum?!! :wink:

No, it was a valid;

Maybe they would respond with...

If was personal, I would have written "and they SHOULD respond" or something along those lines.

Do I need to put a :wink: so that you know it's a joke?

Back
Top Bottom