Constant Bashing of Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
We have a town called Denmark in Western Australia. Its nigh on impossible to post a letter to our Denmark as it always goes to the real Denmark first. Even if we only put local stamps on the envelope.

PS Yes it was a silly idea to name a town after a country.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE ,,,,, Good stuff Beli....

Axver said:

What, you mean that I didn't move to Austria? I thought Vienna was just down the road from the Gold Coast! Oh, I've had it now, I'm moving back to New Zealand. Australia is meant to be Austria with a couple of letters added for fun! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe thats why so many Kiwis migrate to Australia, they actual think there moving to a EU country. :wink:

:confused: Where did this come from? FYM?

People mistake disliking Bush/US administration with disliking the entire nation all the time there.

As for voting *insert name to *insert place, you gave Bush 4 more years.
Kind of hard to compare that to voting a singer into a hall of fame.

Plus you made U2 go safe with ATYCLB and HTDAAB after you disliked Pop! We blame you! ;)

Last edited:
Americans, you get heaps of good u2 stuff while we aussies get bugger all....

That performance in New York a few days back for example and the performance of the rooftop of streets in the 80's.

Bono sings songs about miami and new york, never about melbourne or darwin.

Appearing on US radio and tv all the time. Never on the Aussie media.

You Yanks get a lot more access to u2 than us Aussies. Don't forget we never got the Elevation Tour so the last time the band was out here was in Early 98.

We're jealous.

And me personally, I have nothing against Yanks. I get along with them fine, even if i do find all that excessive religious stuff pukeworthy.

Couldn't be bothered to go through ALL the pages, so I read a few and here's my opinion: Every country has its idiots. The Netherlands does, the UK does and so does the US. But that's just a small part of the population (hopefully!), so I can't dislike all Americans. I don't agree with a lot of stuff that America does, but you can't blame all Americans for that. I don't understand all the hatred that goes around here every now and again... :(

Let's face it: most americans (literally) are just dumb. Let's treat them like little kids and everything is ok.

beli said:
U2 Guy can you add an appropriate smilie to your last post please. Im not quite sure if Im reading your intentions correctly.

A smile? For what? Read my post again, there's no hidden messages there. It's clear.

beli said:
Reggie, you do know that kinda overly patriotic talk is the single biggest cause of "American bashing"?
What is wrong with loyalty to your country? I'd much rather pledge loyalty to my own country than sell my soul and security to the United Nations, a failed institution that not only helped Saddam scam the Food For Oil program out of billions of dollars but also accepted bribes to help lift sanctions against Iraq.

Last edited:
melon said:

This is, ultimately, why I'm en route to Canada when my funds and paperwork go through.

Melon

Make sure you look me up when you get here Melon...I think I owe you a handshake and warm welcome to the best country in the world!

Altho..I do enjoy Florida..:)

G

80sU2isBest said:
What is wrong with loyalty to your country? I'd much rather pledge loyalty to my own country than sell my soul and security to the United Nations, a failed institution that not only helped Saddam scam the Food For Oil program out of billions of dollars but also accepted bribes to help lift sanctions against Iraq.

The list of American corruption is just as long. Remember the Iran-Contra Scandal? If that's a bit too old for everyone, let's get a bit more recent. What about the inability of the U.S. to prosecute Halliburton for setting up a Cayman Islands subsidiary (which consisted solely of a P.O. Box that forwarded mail to Houston, Texas), so they could do business with Iran (illegal under U.S. law)? Or what about their attempts to do business with Iraq during the 1990s, in complete defiance against the UN sanctions?

Gee...if the UN is a "failed institution," because its member states ignore its will, what does that make the U.S., if its corporations ignore its will...and the U.S. does nothing about it?!

My point here is not to needlessly knock the U.S. Like I've said before, I end up vacillating in this thread between defending the U.S. and criticizing it. My point, really, is that we're no better or worse than many nations, in regards to many issues; and I feel that the current Administration is not helping our cause overall.

Melon

Last edited:
I was being silly...

but anyhoo..

Pizza in its original forms was actually imported to Italy by Greeks and Etruscans who settled in Italy, and of course as with any dish it evolved a bit.

It further evolved QUITE a bit once it hit America. Most of what passes for pizza nowadays is of this hybrid variety, only the hardcore Italian joints serve 'real' pizza.

:wink:

LMFAO

Given that Mike Harris was likely just barely passing Grade 12 when I was in public school, I doubt he has had much influence on me..

He changed things so that dunces like him could get through easier.

:madspit:

pwmartin said:
Go eat an Italian pizza. THe only thing it has in common with the pizza we eat in America is that it's round.

Pizza, as we know it, is an American food.

2 words for you: Ha...HA.

Maybe the american arrogance is one of the causes for such american bashing.

"Pizza, as we know it, is an American food." Oh my...

Americans didn't re-elect George W.
Mark my words: the election was fixed
It'll be years before it comes out,
but it's got to be true

I need to believe this

intedomine said:
Americans, you get heaps of good u2 stuff while we aussies get bugger all....

That performance in New York a few days back for example and the performance of the rooftop of streets in the 80's.

Bono sings songs about miami and new york, never about melbourne or darwin.

Appearing on US radio and tv all the time. Never on the Aussie media.

You Yanks get a lot more access to u2 than us Aussies. Don't forget we never got the Elevation Tour so the last time the band was out here was in Early 98.

We're jealous.

The Irish seen U2 twice during the elevation tour and they were originally only going to play once and this is where they come from!! /bitter.

Us Norn Irish folk are buggered really. Nobody likes us. :)

Knulp said:
but it's got to be true

I need to believe this

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Even the staunchest Democrats admit they got stomped this time around, and the outcome is not in question, unlike in 2000.....it's time 2 move on.

We didn't elect George Bush because we think he's a good president, we elected George Bush because John Jerry is such a douche bag.

Knulp said:
but it's got to be true

I need to believe this

Do you also "need to believe" in the Easter Bunny?

Come down to reality.

U2_Guy said:
Maybe the american arrogance is one of the causes for such american bashing.

"Pizza, as we know it, is an American food." Oh my...

Oh yeah, that's a good reason for European newspapers to create headlines like "How can 59,000,000 Americans be so stupid"?

I'm tired of the elitist media in all countries.

Back
Top Bottom