complete jacknife remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stargift

The Fly
complete jacknife lee remix?

go to 'u2 eastlink' then go to foro then 'el nuevo disco' then v'ertigo jacknife lee' then click on este enlace.
Someone who is allowed to put up the url obviously can simplfy this.
since i can't read spanish i don't know the story on this. it seems to skip around. is it the real thing, a defective copy,or a homemade job? Obviously, it doesn't sound exactly like the one on Radio 1.

Last edited:
I agree, this isn't the real one...at least I hope not. It sounds very amateur...
I usually don't comment on remixes, because I usually don't like them, but this one really is yuckie...:down:

stargift said:
go to 'u2 eastlink' then go to foro then 'el nuevo disco' then v'ertigo jacknife lee' then click on este enlace.
Someone who is allowed to put up the url obviously can simplfy this.
since i can't read spanish i don't know the story on this. it seems to skip around. is it the real thing, a defective copy,or a homemade job?

hey stargift;

if you want to view spanish pages (or other languages you don't know), go to http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm
This site will convert the language back to english.

I still think there's cutted out some piece. It's a better quality and slightly different than the radio1 version, but still not the full-length. But worth downloading!

I ain't a big fan of the remix, but ya know, I really like Bono's vocal on this, apart from the lyric change, I think it's a different vocal altogether from the single. The vocal seems a little slower, and a bit rougher and deeper, I really like that element of this remix.

Wow. This looks like an edit of the 12" Jacknife Lee (some bits are left out, for example at 3:30). It's definitely from a vinyl source, just listen to the first fews seconds of the song.

Last edited:
I like the remix. It sounds cool. I think I'm just so eager for any new material, anything could sound great.

WJ said:
Wow. This looks like an edit of the 12" Jacknife Lee (some bits are left out, for example at 3:30). It's definitely from a vinyl source, just listen to the first fews seconds of the song.

Exactly. It´s from the vinyl promo and it has three skips, not only one. I already pointed out those skips to the guy who provided the file, a nice friend. He said he´s gonna work on another recording soon. And...I love it, especially the hoarse vocals. Cool stuff.

MT

Zane Lowe Radio 1

His tracklist today showed Vertigo Jacknife lee mix, but it was the regular version. This would have been the second time he would have played the remix. I wonder if they put on the wrong cd or pulled the plug from him playing the remix anymore?

I want to hear an Oakenfold remix of this song, a trance remix version of VERTIGO would be amazing (I would prefer Tiesto, but I dont think that'll happen).

Back
Top Bottom