complaint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this has really annoyed me and actually still does.

when the first best of was released it was marketed in two formats. the single disc and the double disc with b-sides. the latter supposedly was a limited edition. this turned out to be a not so limited edition, since its still being sold.

that?s not so nice for an avid collector as myself, but what really annoyed me was the marketing for the second best of. the double disc with b-sides was long before its release advertised as being 'available for one week exclusively'. even in its first week of release this was mentioned on posters and tv commercials. that was a sheer lie. its still sold everywhere.

it would be nice if they would stick to their word with these things (all other collectors should agree).

I thought the 'one week only' was for the version that came with the bonus DVD ...

Yeah...flaming (lol) do you have the bonus DVD with those 3 extra tracks? Because i got that one within the first week, and i don't know if they are still being sold

limited edtions mean nothing....they will still be limited editions on sale 3 years after the release.....

my mum recently brought The Joshua tree album for my birthday a while back and payed $30 for an album thats 16 years old!!
and the best of 90-00 Limited edition was on sale for $19.95
:madspit:

thats just the expenisve music store around here, when you cant find anything music anywhere else you got to sainity....where prices are insane!

also got Slane dvd for $40 where i could have got it a week later at Target for $23 :|

Last edited:
After the first week (or at least once shops got rid of their stock), I've never seen the Best Of with DVD sold anywhere. I see the one and two CD editions regularly, but never the one with bonus DVD.

YOU FOUND SLANE FOR $23? Woah. I haven't seen it for less than $29 here, which is what I got it at.

And when I went to buy Zooropa when I was just starting to get into U2, they were selling it for $31 and everything else at $15-20. Thankfully, they stuffed up and gave me the Zooropa CD when I bought Pop for $20, so I went back the next week, did some clever talking, and bought Pop again ... just with the Zooropa case. So instead of paying $51 total for each, I paid $40!

Now I've found out that stuff like Boy and October can be found for $10 or less, and I've seen Pop and Zooropa down below $20. Grr. Wish I'd seen that FIRST.

Back in August I found the second best of with b sides and the dvd at a Rite-Aid drug and department store for $9.99

I got Slane for 17 bucks...Canadian. :)

Yeah just because they say it will only be available for one week doesn't necessarily mean just that. They may ship a large amount to a big-box store such as Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart, instead of selling it only for the first week and then pulling all the copies off the shelf and having loads of stock left over in a warehouse, may decide to disregard the "One Week Only" thing and keep selling them. I'm sure Universal doesn't really mind, they're still making money.

I got UF for $9.95 of our dollars. That, and the LNOE single for $6.95 in perfect condition are my favourite two finds. I'm looking for Boy under $17. It remains the only U2 album I don't have... I want it for under $10!

Wow, you found the LNOE single? Nice. I can never - and I mean NEVER - seem to find U2 singles ...

And I was down your way for the AFL Grand Final, and I remember seeing Boy for $10. Can't remember where, but it was available. I've also seen it around here for $10, so if you look in the right places, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

That happens with all collectibles, and I hate to think people plan that ahead of time to trick ppl to boost sales. When TY came out with the Beanie kids, they said there would only be 6 of each delivered to every store under contract to TY, and that would be the end and they'd be discontinued, making the dolls more valuable. Well, everybody stood in line, stalked parking lots, followed UPS trucks, and bribed employess to get their share. Sure enough , those stupid dolls ended up very plentiful and some actually hit the Dollar Tree.

I can only hope U2 themselves had nothing to do with it. It's a greedy businessman thing.

Last edited:
man that is really selfish of u, to say that. why deprive other people of getting u2 material just because u want to feel special? what about the kids who aren't old enough to have a musical opinion? they will still be able to get their hands on not-so-limited-edition products and so what?? will they take anything away from you?? not at all. just relax and be happy with what you have.

Cheers :wink:

I bought the Slane DVD for 14.99 (US dollars). Digi pack and jewel case were both that price.

I won a copy of the Slane DVD from u2literary.com so I'm unsure what the Canadian price is, but as for the 'Best of's...'etc, I agree with Brown Eyed Boy- why wish to limit others' access? I collect U2 items, I even have some original vinyl from the early days, but their market value is meangingless to me. I have always been a huge fan of U2's b-sides and I think the more fans who can have the best of b-sides the better. Sure I went out and bought my limited edition CD set the first week, but it wasn't to nab something others wouldn't get- it always has been and always will be for their music.

ps. Anyone here remember the Cabbage Patch dolls? lol.

I remember that time back in September when I won Boy, October, WAR, The Unforgettable Fire, Wide Awake In America, The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum all on vinyl, all in great condition for only 24 dollars.

LOL, the only U2 stuff I won, the only raffle I've EVER won, was five CDs at the U2 RARHOF exhibit opening party at the Hard Rock.

Slane I got at best buy for like $16.

When they say Limited Edition, I always thought that meant they print a certain amount (or print them for a certain length of time), and once they're sold, they're gone, but they won't take them off the shelves if they don't sell. Like Target's U2 7, they've been there for a while, but the Targets I go to are down to 1-2 copies.

I bought Slane from Amazon for $21.
Just recently I bought Popmart Live from La Cuidad De Mexico :wink: for just $4.99 (it was pre-viewed, but works perfectly) and Zoo TV Live From Sydney for about $20.

As of today I still haven't receive my DVD! I am so pissed. It arrived here in my city on the 25th from amazon but I have yet to get it. I've tracked it through my postal service but they haven't gotten back to me with the actual location. I set up a new DVD player over Thanksgiving in anticipation of this and the UF. The f'n post office is 1/2 mile from where I live. I could have bought it last Wed. from Best Buy. I am ready to explode - lightning, lights up the sky. .. oh excuse me I broke into song.
Damn it amazon will just have to take it back. I'm buying from Beat Buy tomorrow.

Limited Edition means limited production run. Let's say they limited it to the first 1,000,000 copies. Well if they didn't get to sell that amount in the first week then they have excess inventory they have to get rid of. Surely they won't burn it. But I can guarantee you that these "limited editions" are less in number than the regular editions, and that they were only pressed once. When they sell out, they won't be produced again. The problem is that they haven't sold out yet so they are still abundant. Unlike regular versions, when they sell out - they just produce more again.

Cheers,

J

sue4u2 said:
As of today I still haven't receive my DVD! I am so pissed. It arrived here in my city on the 25th from amazon but I have yet to get it. I've tracked it through my postal service but they haven't gotten back to me with the actual location. I set up a new DVD player over Thanksgiving in anticipation of this and the UF. The f'n post office is 1/2 mile from where I live. I could have bought it last Wed. from Best Buy. I am ready to explode - lightning, lights up the sky. .. oh excuse me I broke into song.
Damn it amazon will just have to take it back. I'm buying from Beat Buy tomorrow.

Sounds like the time Laura paid $30 to have our ES singles received on the date of European release. They showed up about two weeks later. We were pissed. :mad: She complained and the company gave us credit and we picked more singles, but still, if I had wanted those other singles, I would've bought them already. The point was to have the singles in our hands a day earlier than they would have been NOT two feckin weeks later!!!

Back
Top Bottom