complaint - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 07:16 PM
complaint

this has really annoyed me and actually still does.

when the first best of was released it was marketed in two formats. the single disc and the double disc with b-sides. the latter supposedly was a limited edition. this turned out to be a not so limited edition, since its still being sold.

that´s not so nice for an avid collector as myself, but what really annoyed me was the marketing for the second best of. the double disc with b-sides was long before its release advertised as being 'available for one week exclusively'. even in its first week of release this was mentioned on posters and tv commercials. that was a sheer lie. its still sold everywhere.

it would be nice if they would stick to their word with these things (all other collectors should agree).

Old 11-28-2003, 01:17 AM   #2
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:16 AM
I thought the 'one week only' was for the version that came with the bonus DVD ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Yeah...flaming (lol) do you have the bonus DVD with those 3 extra tracks? Because i got that one within the first week, and i don't know if they are still being sold
Old 11-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:16 AM
limited edtions mean nothing....they will still be limited editions on sale 3 years after the release.....

my mum recently brought The Joshua tree album for my birthday a while back and payed $30 for an album thats 16 years old!!
and the best of 90-00 Limited edition was on sale for $19.95

thats just the expenisve music store around here, when you cant find anything music anywhere else you got to sainity....where prices are insane!

also got Slane dvd for $40 where i could have got it a week later at Target for $23
Old 11-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #5
Vocal parasite

After the first week (or at least once shops got rid of their stock), I've never seen the Best Of with DVD sold anywhere. I see the one and two CD editions regularly, but never the one with bonus DVD.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Vocal parasite

YOU FOUND SLANE FOR $23? Woah. I haven't seen it for less than $29 here, which is what I got it at.

And when I went to buy Zooropa when I was just starting to get into U2, they were selling it for $31 and everything else at $15-20. Thankfully, they stuffed up and gave me the Zooropa CD when I bought Pop for $20, so I went back the next week, did some clever talking, and bought Pop again ... just with the Zooropa case. So instead of paying $51 total for each, I paid $40!

Now I've found out that stuff like Boy and October can be found for $10 or less, and I've seen Pop and Zooropa down below $20. Grr. Wish I'd seen that FIRST.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Back in August I found the second best of with b sides and the dvd at a Rite-Aid drug and department store for $9.99
Old 11-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #8
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I got the Slane DVD off ebay for $14.50
Old 11-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #9
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:16 PM

I bought Slane for $28 and ended up finding it elsewhere for only $16!!!!!!!!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 11-28-2003, 08:43 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:16 PM
I got Slane for 17 bucks...Canadian.

Yeah just because they say it will only be available for one week doesn't necessarily mean just that. They may ship a large amount to a big-box store such as Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart, instead of selling it only for the first week and then pulling all the copies off the shelf and having loads of stock left over in a warehouse, may decide to disregard the "One Week Only" thing and keep selling them. I'm sure Universal doesn't really mind, they're still making money.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #11
War Child

I got UF for $9.95 of our dollars. That, and the LNOE single for $6.95 in perfect condition are my favourite two finds. I'm looking for Boy under $17. It remains the only U2 album I don't have... I want it for under $10!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #12
Vocal parasite

Wow, you found the LNOE single? Nice. I can never - and I mean NEVER - seem to find U2 singles ...

And I was down your way for the AFL Grand Final, and I remember seeing Boy for $10. Can't remember where, but it was available. I've also seen it around here for $10, so if you look in the right places, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 10:14 PM   #13
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Wow, you found the LNOE single? Nice. I can never - and I mean NEVER - seem to find U2 singles ...
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...night+on+earth
Old 11-28-2003, 11:38 PM   #14
Vocal parasite

Ooo, thank you!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #15
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 10:16 AM
i bought slane for $12 new

i love froogle

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.