complaint - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2003, 01:11 AM   #16
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:51 AM
$12? Is that US$?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-29-2003, 09:01 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 12:51 AM

That happens with all collectibles, and I hate to think people plan that ahead of time to trick ppl to boost sales. When TY came out with the Beanie kids, they said there would only be 6 of each delivered to every store under contract to TY, and that would be the end and they'd be discontinued, making the dolls more valuable. Well, everybody stood in line, stalked parking lots, followed UPS trucks, and bribed employess to get their share. Sure enough , those stupid dolls ended up very plentiful and some actually hit the Dollar Tree.

I can only hope U2 themselves had nothing to do with it. It's a greedy businessman thing.

Old 11-29-2003, 01:34 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:51 PM
man that is really selfish of u, to say that. why deprive other people of getting u2 material just because u want to feel special? what about the kids who aren't old enough to have a musical opinion? they will still be able to get their hands on not-so-limited-edition products and so what?? will they take anything away from you?? not at all. just relax and be happy with what you have.

Cheers
Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:51 PM
I bought the Slane DVD for 14.99 (US dollars). Digi pack and jewel case were both that price.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:29 PM   #20
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
$12? Is that US$?
yep.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I got the Slane DVD off ebay for $14.50
I bought Slane for $16 at Best Buy.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

I got it for $14.95 at Best Buy. (day of release)
Old 11-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #23
LCK
Acrobat

I won a copy of the Slane DVD from u2literary.com so I'm unsure what the Canadian price is, but as for the 'Best of's...'etc, I agree with Brown Eyed Boy- why wish to limit others' access? I collect U2 items, I even have some original vinyl from the early days, but their market value is meangingless to me. I have always been a huge fan of U2's b-sides and I think the more fans who can have the best of b-sides the better. Sure I went out and bought my limited edition CD set the first week, but it wasn't to nab something others wouldn't get- it always has been and always will be for their music.

ps. Anyone here remember the Cabbage Patch dolls? lol.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:22 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I thought the 'one week only' was for the version that came with the bonus DVD ...
I got that one too...o how I love it...
Old 12-01-2003, 05:05 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:51 PM
I remember that time back in September when I won Boy, October, WAR, The Unforgettable Fire, Wide Awake In America, The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum all on vinyl, all in great condition for only 24 dollars.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:49 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

LOL, the only U2 stuff I won, the only raffle I've EVER won, was five CDs at the U2 RARHOF exhibit opening party at the Hard Rock.

Slane I got at best buy for like $16.

When they say Limited Edition, I always thought that meant they print a certain amount (or print them for a certain length of time), and once they're sold, they're gone, but they won't take them off the shelves if they don't sell. Like Target's U2 7, they've been there for a while, but the Targets I go to are down to 1-2 copies.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #27
New Yorker

I bought Slane from Amazon for $21.
Just recently I bought Popmart Live from La Cuidad De Mexico for just $4.99 (it was pre-viewed, but works perfectly) and Zoo TV Live From Sydney for about $20.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:13 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

As of today I still haven't receive my DVD! I am so pissed. It arrived here in my city on the 25th from amazon but I have yet to get it. I've tracked it through my postal service but they haven't gotten back to me with the actual location. I set up a new DVD player over Thanksgiving in anticipation of this and the UF. The f'n post office is 1/2 mile from where I live. I could have bought it last Wed. from Best Buy. I am ready to explode - lightning, lights up the sky. .. oh excuse me I broke into song.
Damn it amazon will just have to take it back. I'm buying from Beat Buy tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Limited Edition means limited production run. Let's say they limited it to the first 1,000,000 copies. Well if they didn't get to sell that amount in the first week then they have excess inventory they have to get rid of. Surely they won't burn it. But I can guarantee you that these "limited editions" are less in number than the regular editions, and that they were only pressed once. When they sell out, they won't be produced again. The problem is that they haven't sold out yet so they are still abundant. Unlike regular versions, when they sell out - they just produce more again.

Cheers,

J
Old 12-02-2003, 03:15 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
As of today I still haven't receive my DVD! I am so pissed. It arrived here in my city on the 25th from amazon but I have yet to get it. I've tracked it through my postal service but they haven't gotten back to me with the actual location. I set up a new DVD player over Thanksgiving in anticipation of this and the UF. The f'n post office is 1/2 mile from where I live. I could have bought it last Wed. from Best Buy. I am ready to explode - lightning, lights up the sky. .. oh excuse me I broke into song.
Damn it amazon will just have to take it back. I'm buying from Beat Buy tomorrow.
Sounds like the time Laura paid $30 to have our ES singles received on the date of European release. They showed up about two weeks later. We were pissed. She complained and the company gave us credit and we picked more singles, but still, if I had wanted those other singles, I would've bought them already. The point was to have the singles in our hands a day earlier than they would have been NOT two feckin weeks later!!!