comparing the new album to ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lew07

The Fly
comparing the new album's procedures to ATYCLB.......

when were the photos taken for ATYCLB?

and how long after did we hear info or audio about the first single, 'beautiful day'??

we should analyze this beacause U2 usaually sticks to the same formual, expecially because of the last album's success.

lew07 said:
comparing the new album's procedures to ATYCLB.......

when were the photos taken for ATYCLB?

July or August 2000

and how long after did we hear info or audio about the first single, 'beautiful day'??

The first I heard of BD it was being used with the Olympics that year. Every day of the Olympics they made a collage of all the winners for the last day and played it on that day or night's coverage as a kind of commercial using BD as the background music. This was in Sept. 2000. Next thing I heard was the DJs on the radio commenting on U2 giving the song to the Olympics. The single broke on the radio (at least where I live) in about mid September 2000, followed soon by the video on MTV. The promo concerts were in Oct. (Manray, Farmclub) and November (Astoria and VH1) early Dec. (SNL and London)

we should analyze this beacause U2 usaually sticks to the same formual, expecially because of the last album's success.

They don't always stick to the same forumla. But you never know.

Last edited:
U2.com had a 30 second clip in July and the single broke out all over the internet early September. A radio station in San Fransico played it first and mp3 was shared across the net. I'm sure U2 will have a clip or something to get us excited in June/July. Almost here.....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom