Come on hands up, Who is listening to pop right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, but I just played some songs from Popmart Sarajevo. That performance of Mofo is a total mind-blower. :drool:

Funny thing is that I've really been on a Pop blitz the last couple of weeks before this, they must've read my mind. :D

I played Discotheque last night :)

a3441308.gif

Pop Artist said:
Funny thing is that I've really been on a Pop blitz the last couple of weeks before this, they must've read my mind. :D

Ditto. It's been in my car's single CD player for about three weeks. Never thought we'd hear rumors of Discotheque and Mofo being rehearsed. :drool: I still wouldn't expect either song tonight, but rather a nice shuffling of stuff that's already been played on the tour.

I guess I'm the only one not that excited about the POP songs being rehearsed.

I don't really care if I hear discotheque, but I guess MOFO is kind of cool, but I can't imagine hearing it in this show. I'm still more excited about Miss Sarajevo and Fast Cars!

Maybe if they were going to switch out Pride for Please I'd be excited!:drool:

jackbauer said:
Sorry Axver but Mofo from POPMart Mannheim is just the best version ever.

That is indeed a great version! HMTMKMKM from that show absolutely rocks! :rockon:

I've been listening to Pop all day - never ceases to amaze me how freakishly wonderful that album actually is

Axver said:

That is indeed a great version! HMTMKMKM from that show absolutely rocks! :rockon:
Indeed, and the rambling at the start Mysterious Ways. Never fails to make me laugh out loud.

What is it he's actually saying?

I've been listening to and having fun with Pop a lot recently. I'll be making a post dedicated to its sheer brilliance a little later.

Axver said:

You know, I don't get why they don't play HMTMKMKM, its one of their best rock songs and was a big hit! It'd fit in nice next to LAPOE as well, IMO.

If you wear that Velvet Dress; I'm really lloving that song at the minute.

And I didnt know they were rehearsing Pop songs! Sweet Jesus; they'd better play one of them; or I will sort them out when they get back to Ireland.

packcrush said:
If you wear that Velvet Dress; I'm really lloving that song at the minute.

I've been listening to that song, in various forms, non-stop for about a week. But, yes...I wandered in here just now while going through the album for a second time in a row. All hail POP!!!!

Crucify me if you must, but it's basically my favorite U2 album...tied with Achtung Baby. If I had to choose, I'd end up going with the latter, though not without shedding my fair share of tears.

I ain't hatin', so don't nobody hate on me! Just lovin' on what might be the most loaded (in many ways) album the band ever released.

Back
Top Bottom