Coldplay starting to use U2 line...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theu2fly

Refugee
After the performance of "Fix You" at Live 8, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin said to the crowd, "Thanks for giving us a great job."

Now, Bono has said "Thanks for giving us a great life."

Coincedence?

No, not a coincidence. I believe Chris Martin has bought the 'Bono handbook' and studies it regularly. :wink:

Each day I wonder if people will ever stop analyzing everything Chris does hoping to tie it to U2 in some way.

Well, it is a commonly known fact that Chris Martin likes U2 very much.

Chris Martin has said:
I don't buy weekend tickets to Ireland and hang out in front of their gates, but U2 are the only band whose entire catalog I know by heart. The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming," I know backward and forward -- it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful. It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby.

..but I also think it's very stupid to start repeating the words Bono has said. Perhaps he should look into a mirror.

how many threads do we need to have about chris martin supposedly emulating bono/U2? enough, please. if you want to discuss coldplay please go to one of the 191209839 threads about them in bang and clatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom