COBL Single and DVD tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
I just pulled this off of atu2.com...sounds pretty cool...

Love the idea of COBL from Opening Night in San Diego on the DVD ...it was magic.:wink: At least now we know why all of the cameras were there...

Peter J. shares with us this tracklisting from Universal Sweden for the upcoming "City of Blinding Lights" release. The single should hit stores worldwide June 8th (not including the U.S., which will not get a commercial CD single):

CD 1
1. City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
2. All Because of You (Killa Hurtz Fly Mix)

CD 2
2. The Fly (Live from Stop Sellafield concert)
3. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Live from Stop Sellafield concert)

DVD
1. City of Blinding Lights (Live from opening night, San Diego)
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (promo video)
Bonus video footage

Considering all the talk there was about this being a 25th anniversary single and that old tracks had been re-recorded, I'm disappointed to see that not only is there none of that, there's no original b-sides either, just a remix and live tracks.

I'll still be buying it, though. The live tracks are surprising.

Where's Mercy?

What happened to 25th anniversary special?

I'lll get cd2, but i'm disappointed

Yep. I'll be buying, regardless of the fact that absolutely nothing on there appeals to me. I know not many people on here are fans of them, but i'd have taken remixes over the live Sellafield material any day.

Anyone familiar with the quality of the Sellafield performances? How did the band sound that day? I assume they sounded well enough.

I wonder what the "bonus video footage" is? Bono pets his cat?

Last edited:
That's it! Are you kidding me? One original b-side from all of the singles combined? And that remix, I have it and it isn't that great.

Omg. That's amazing.
I don't care if it's a short radio edit, those extra tracks freaking rock.

CD 1

CD 2
2. The Fly (Live from Stop Sellafield concert)
3. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Live from Stop Sellafield concert)

DVD
1. City of Blinding Lights (Live from opening night, San Diego)
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (promo video)
Bonus video footage

Yes, please....all of them:drool:
I just hope they don't remix ABOY as much as Vertigo...:huh:

Westport said:

CD 1

stupid wanky remixes :mad:
the live stuff is at least slightly interesting

According to U2tour.de there's also another edition of the single:

CD Single 3” - International 3” pocket CD
1. City Of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit) (4:11)
2. Out Of Control - Live At Brooklyn Bridge (5:05)

Catalog Number: 9871933
(2) Recorded live at the Empire-Fulton Ferry Park, Brooklyn, New York on 22nd November 2004

*had hoped from some Vertigo Tour live tracks*
But there's never been an official live version of The Fly, so that kicks ass. :up:

Saddened by all the remixes these days - they're often not that great, but some are (EBTTRT Perfecto mix, Vertigo Redanka Mix).

Personally, I love the live stuff. For me, it's where the band really flies, so long as they're good performances. Anyone recall the ropey, half-arsed performance of WOWY from Edmonton on the Popheart EP?

I'd like some 'new material' b-sides, but if the band hasn't got anything they think is worth releasing, then I'd rather they didn't because I'd rather have some good live stuff than average b-sides.

And people keep talking about releasing Mercy as a b-side. Maybe that one's being saved for the next record? They often do that. For example, Wake Up Dead Man began life in the Zooropa sessions as did Last Night On Earth. And apparently, SYCMIOYO was around at the time of ATYCLB in some early form (think it was Adam who said that somewhere).

And as for the special 25th anniversary release, perhaps they just didn't have time to get it sorted. There were the family problems with Edge which delayed the tour kicking off, and now they're on tour so they're pretty busy with that. So maybe it wasn't feasible to do?

Back
Top Bottom