Closet Miami fans unite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat
Miami live was a tremendous surprise for me. That song kicks so much ass for how much it blows on the album. With the transition into Bullet... :drool: :drool:

MIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMIIIIII!!!

:reject: :reject: :reject:

The song is great on the album. They also did a great live version which was tragically dropped for Sunday Bloody Sunday by the time they filmed Live in Mexico for the video release in 1997. That really pissed me off!

I've always been a huge fan of MIAMI LIVE. It's the best POP song live after maybe Please. That guitar riff and booming bass and just tremendous. I LOVEEEEEEEE ITTT!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

u2girlcj said:
I've never been a "closet" Miami fan - why be in the closet about it? :scratch: And it's good on the album too. J'Adore Miami!!!!!!!! We can make something beautiful. SOmething that wouldn't be a problem... :drool:

Agreed, I've always loved Miami and never hesitated to say it, and this was based solely on the album version...I made a Miami appreciation thread a week or two back and someone posted a video of Miami live...it friggin ROCKED!! Bono had so much ATTITUDE! And that guitar...:drool: and Miami has one of the best rhythm sections ever...oh and the visuals ruled too :D

Great lyrics, Bono really nailed the vibe.

He did the same thing with New York, although it's a different vibe of course.

I guess I shouldn't be in here, cause I've never been a closet Miami fan.

I'm a fa-laaaaaaaming Miami fan.

My Mammy:combust:

:applaud: Yet another Miami thread!

Very much out of the closet and flamboyant MIAMI fan here!!! :rockon: :reject:

Love the movies...love to walk those movie sets
Get to shoot someone in the foot
Get to smoke some cigarettes
No big deal we know the score
Just back from the video store
Got the car and the car chase
What's he got inside the case
I want a close up of that face
Here comes the car chase

:rockon:

How can anybody complain about Miami's lyrics???

:drool:

Miami is awesome! the album version is really really cool, and LIVE it just KICKS ASS! Edge's fucking mean-ass guitar, and his cool 'ba-ba's are just amazing! great song :up:

i love it live and on POP. i always will remember the Wild Palms on the big POPmart screen...and the hypnotic howling guitar and the transition into BTBS. one of their best live moments ever.
MIAMI is awesome

Awesome video. Good to finally have visuals again for the live versions of that songs. I love Miami! This version is not quite as good as others though. Usually, all the music would cut out and Bono would say "The sun shines east, the sun shines west, but I know where the sun shines best... MIAMI!!!!" I think Edge may have forgotten to stop the sequencing or something b/c Bono even throws his arm out as if expecting the music to cut, then adapts and sings "The sun shines east, Miami, the sun shines west, MIAMI!!"

Oh and I can say that this performance is definitely NOT from Columbus, OH. So that limits it down. :D

This video which posted AtomicBomb is from Edmonton. In a few minuts I'll upload video of Miami from Foxboro!

PS: And I agree- the best version of Miami is from Leeds. Anybody got a video of it?

Back
Top Bottom