Clapton can't tell the difference between U2 and Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gabrielvox said:
PS I use "fuck" in the most innocent uninsulting Bono-esque manner possible, because I'm excitable and I think that copying his every manner of speech makes me soooo cool.

Plus I'm drinking again

:lol:

K now I gotta go bow down and say my prayers in front of my U2 shrine!
:pray:

You know what, I've been a member here since The Wire days, though I don't join most discussions because of the silliness of most of the topics and the never-give-up-the-last-word mentality of people like you. There's usually no point in continuing a discussion when people get all riled up and demand evidence and cite all sorts of previous irrelevant discussions, and then top all that off with the suggestion that the word "fuck" could be used innocently just because Bono says it all the time. And you say you don't want to be known as a blind fanatic? Look at the mirror, pal. Lookalikes and copycats aren't prime examples of well-adjusted human beings.

Just to stay on topic: Open your ears, Clapton boiled down the state of music to a single statement that got your panties in a bunch. Luckily for me, I've got an IPod full of Ben Harper, Radiohead, Yo La Tengo, Beck, Snow Patrol, and a whole lot of other current bands you (and apparently Clapton) probably never given the chance to make an impression on you.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I love it :heart:

First he steals George Harrison's wife and now he's stealing his "I hate all popular music today" shtick...

The whole Coldplay = U2 argument is nothing new and the "just showing up to award shows" line is pretty hypocritical if you ask me...

He has been at the Grammies many times and will probably continue to be there as his music continues to become less and less relevant...

Good post. While I agree that Coldplay sounds a lot like U2, Clapton seems to think U2 just came out within the last 5 years. Also, he's bashing people who are ignorant about "where the music came from" - how many times have we heard Bono and the rest of the band ramble on about the older artists that influenced them?

GibsonExplorer said:

top all that off with the suggestion that the word "fuck" could be used innocently just because Bono says it all the time. And you say you don't want to be known as a blind fanatic? Look at the mirror, pal. Lookalikes and copycats aren't prime examples of well-adjusted human beings.

Whoa! So now you get personal????

I don't give a fuck how long you've been here. Ever heard of SARCASM you dumbass?

As for me being a lookalike or a copycat and/or well adjusted???

Go fuck yourself, seriously. You can think whatever the fuck you want of me. That's what truly adjusted people say to inconsequential twats.

When in Rome...

I don't really care, all the points have been exhausted and now the trolls are throwing overt ridiculous personal jabs

So yeah, they can fuck right off

(ps - just curious...why didn't you post that comment after GibsonExplorers remarks? :shrug: )

:wink:

gabrielvox said:

Whoa! So now you get personal????

I don't give a fuck how long you've been here. Ever heard of SARCASM you dumbass?

As for me being a lookalike or a copycat and/or well adjusted???

Go fuck yourself, seriously. You can think whatever the fuck you want of me. That's what truly adjusted people say to inconsequential twats.

Nice bunch of personal attacks.

You are completely out of line. The both of you are, but this is just unbelievable. You know the rules here. Consider this a stern warning and be prepared for a suspension if I see this type of foul language toward another member again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom