City of blinding lights, LOUD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
studio or live is just :drool: so so uplifting its amazing, even with me going through what i am this always brings a smile to my face :)

Haven't caught the tour yet & can't wait to see this live a few times this month! Chiz, you're right---definitely has the anthemic surge of Streets...I'd say more so than BD

WildHoneyAlways said:
I got goosebumps at the show last week. A favorite of mine. :up:

DITTO!!! "oh -you- look- so- beautiful tonight!!!" That is my favorite chours on the CD:rockon:

Oh man seeing that song live definitely brings out the goosebumps. The bright lights, man, its hard to believe you are stiill on planet earth.

I love that mini instrumental part before the song kicks in when it's played live. That should have been on the album! :up:

1) What kind of username is Unoscatorce!

2) It makes me sad that this song isn't taken as seriously because of the weak chorus. I think that if this song had a stronger chorus, (lyrically speaking) this song would've become one of the best songs they ever made for sure.

because the album version is better and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the album did sell a fair few copies

shaun vox said:
so why did COBL fail as a single and has fallen off the face of the earth ?????:eyebrow:

so its in the same place as Axl then?:wink:

unoscatorce said:

I have the extremely rare version of VERTIGO where Bono starts skips dos and tres.

actually i have a version with out that childish spanish and that annoying ya ya ya in the end!!! which actually makes the song listenable!!

because it wasn't promoted at all, and althought cool, the video leaves a little to be desired.

2) It makes me sad that this song isn't taken as seriously because of the weak chorus. I think that if this song had a stronger chorus, (lyrically speaking) this song would've become one of the best songs they ever made for sure.

I agree with this. The chorus lyrics are not good enough for the music they are surrounded by. The production on the album could have been a lot better too. The whole idea of the song is great but it feels like they just didn't quite pull it off.

shaun vox said:
so why did COBL fail as a single and has fallen off the face of the earth ?????:eyebrow:
well didnt fail as a single here in the UK, and still gets played quite abit by all accounts,

Does it really matter whether or why the single "failed" to those who love the song?

It is a very uplifting song and I thought it was stunning the first time I saw it live, when the lights come up and the confetti starts falling. I can't even describe the feeling, can't wait to see the show again. :D

neutral said:
Does it really matter whether or why the single "failed" to those who love the song?

It is a very uplifting song and I thought it was stunning the first time I saw it live, when the lights come up and the confetti starts falling. I can't even describe the feeling, can't wait to see the show again. :D

Exactly.. I'm on the face of this earth (most of the time) and I hear it quite often. When I listen to the radio that is. :wink:

sue4u2 said:

I'm on the face of this earth (most of the time)

:lol:

This song is great to listen to on a big speaker system or headphones. It's definitely much better musically than lyrically. If it weren't for the 'oh you look so beautiful tonight' and the 'I miss you when you're not around' parts, this would be up there with the classics.. I think.

Forgot to mention... I think the live version with the slide guitar intro sounds better and cooler than the christmas-y keyboard intro of the album version. It's an Even Better Than The Real Thing type slide guitar and is so much more accentuated in the live version!

Back
Top Bottom