City of blinding lights, LOUD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great song... I remember when I first heard it through that shitty quality version of it from the BBC show. I got chills.....

Studio version is good but don't like the production, the live version is incredible :drool:

I prefer the studio to the live version, but ANY version is cool for me! When I first heard it I believed it to be the masterpiece of the album. Especially the opening synth line. The light show that they had going while they played it was awesome when I saw them back on May 18, 2005 in New Jersey. This song is up there with my all time favorites for sure!

Zootlesque said:
Forgot to mention... I think the live version with the slide guitar intro sounds better and cooler than the christmas-y keyboard intro of the album version. It's an Even Better Than The Real Thing type slide guitar and is so much more accentuated in the live version!

They should have released COBL around Christmas....it could have been massive that way i think...

I love it anyway:D

It's so amazing! And the lights, when they play it live.. :happy: :heart: It's definitely a classic. Love it. So beautiful. After experiencing that live, I can't listen to it without going :hyper: :combust: :dancing:

Every time I hear this now it reminds me of the concert.....the very first U2 song I heard at my VERY first U2 concert. Gives me goosebumps! I LOVE THIS SONG! I always will! :love: :applaud:

The thing I don't like about the live version is how Edge sings the "oh you look so beautiful tonight" part. He sounds completely ridiculous singing it. Sorry but it's true!

The album version really could have used better production too. I remember hearing the leaked BBC radio performance and having tears in my eyes, but the studio version isn't nearly as powerful to me. I can't say for sure why, but I was very disappointed. I'm even more baffled as to why they didn't remix it for the single. I still love this song though.

And how can you not like the chorus? Sure it's short and simple, but it's so nice and uplifting.

Back
Top Bottom