City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TC2290

The Fly
I was at the Top of the Pops gig tonight, they played Vertigo, Desire, She's a Mystery to Me, All Because of You and city of Blinding Lights.

City of Blinding Lights is as good as Where The Streets Have No Name, I shit you not. Everything else paled in comparison to that song. Bono talked about how that the band were overwhelmed when they first went to London and New York, but confessed it was really about the reaction after 9/11. I cried when I heard it. (I was 30 ft from the band). You will not be dissappointed with these songs.....

Please excuse the expletive, but I think it's necessary.

COBL IS FUCKING AMAZING!

There are no words to describe the greatness of COBL. It is the second coming of Streets, but totally original at the same time. I can't get over how amazing it is.

Axver said:
There are no words to describe the greatness of COBL. It is the second coming of Streets, but totally original at the same time. I can't get over how amazing it is.

I think this may actually be the best song they have ever written...

i'll wait till i hear the whole thing in high quality before jumping to such great accolades

The low quality mp3 of COBL indicates the song is awesome, which is interesting because haven't a couple of the album reviews singled COBL out as the weakest track? In fact, I think one review said it would make a good b-side if I'm not mistaken.

Clearly, COBL cannot possibly be the weakest track...I'm not yet ready to annoint it there best song yet or better than WTSHNN, but it clearly sounds like a classic in the making.

GOOD WORK BOYS!

StlElevation said:
i'll wait till i hear the whole thing in high quality before jumping to such great accolades

I saw it live, TWICE my friend, and I'm a hard man to please....

bonosloveslave said:
I can't believe they played She's a Mystery to Me, what a blast from the past! :ohmy:

Yeah, that was a bit random, no-one but the die hard U2 fans new what the hell Bono was singing about, he told a story about meeting Roy Orbison....

Would any of you kind souls direct any new songs my way? COBL sounds so amazing. Thanks in advance, I wish I had a way to repay you guys for helping me out so much. I will be buying the album, but I guess that's helping U2 more.

jasonccash@yahoo.com

U2democrat said:
PS-could you send both ABOY and CBOL? if theere's anything other than vertigo i'd like to hear it.

Bounced back. :( There's an alternative though... give me a minute, and you'll have them. :)

GibsonGirl said:

Bounced back. :( There's an alternative though... give me a minute, and you'll have them. :)

What about me? :sad:

:wave:

Btw, we can't appreciate the song without listening to it.

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
got it!!! listening now!!!!! thank you SOOOO much!!

i can't wait till this is out in its best quality!

You will actually cream your pants when you hear this live.... I did!

:drool:

Joha_U2 said:

What about me? :sad:

:wave:

Btw, we can't appreciate the song without listening to it.

You can check your mail too. :D

Oh, and sorry TC - like Joha said, people can't appreciate it without being able to listen to it!

Back
Top Bottom