City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CBOL is just amazing. I can't quite hear it correctly on the mp3 but it captures such an intimate feeling like Joshua Tree stuff. Not to knock the rest of their catalog. Can't wait to hear it.

I´ll wait for the album anyway. I love the sound of unpacking a CD, opening it, reading the lyrics etc., and listening to the songs for the first time. Can´t beat that sensation. But I admit you are making me very curious.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I´ll wait for the album anyway. I love the sound of unpacking a CD, opening it, reading the lyrics etc., and listening to the songs for the first time. Can´t beat that sensation. But I admit you are making me very curious.

I expect another 3841 posts after this comes out!!!

:wink:

Hey, if you can send me the MP3, I'll host it - gorman@modblog.com

I haven't been around in a few hours, so I'm not sure what all has been leaked. I have Vertigo from earlier, but no other leaks. Thanks!

TC2290 said:

I expect another 3841 posts after this comes out!!!

:wink:

Who knows :) if I meet nice people just like you, could be. But you know, I gotta lot to do in the next weeks, returning from a long (partly musical) holiday, building up a new help project, writing on my thesis in music, and all those unfinished piano improvisations on a bunch of tapes start to bug me... songs are like children, and y know, could be that some wanna grow up...

City of Blinding Lights is the best U2 song I have ever heard since Stay. This is Epic stuff. A UF-JT hybrid that will go down as a classic. Easily better than anything on the last two studio albums, possibly three.

City of Blinding Lights... this is an awesome song... it kind of takes hands that built america a step further, kind of mixing it with an REM - Drive type of feel.. judging from Vertigo, ABOY, COBL and Miracle Drug, this album could really be the next *big* one (last one being AB), and I truly hope this leads to a rock and roll revival as well

I waded through around 100 post to find a link - It was well worth it.
This song is a beautiful, wonderful example of what U2 is capable of. When we finally get a CD quality version of this song I honestly think I might cry (dorky but true)
amazing - live this is going to brilliant

Am I Zoo said:
OK, pretty difficult to listen to everyone raving about this song. Can someone please send it to me?

And for the rest of you that are fighting an urge to listen to anything new until the album comes out - It has been sooo long since I have heard a true U2 epic just floor me like this one has. Good luck in your quest. :wink:

This song took a few times to listen to in order for me to get an idea of how much I love it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom