City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not in my top 10, but next to OOTS and Sometimes the best song on Bomb. Not experimental enough though...

Yes it's better live but then again so are over 99% of their songs anyway.

roy said:

Negative about U2; or just negative about twats who get off on their criticism of U2? :hmm:

well I think you're both dicks who act like pussies when someone criticizes or badmouths U2......
are you related to Bono? Does it make you cry when something negative gets said about U2?.......:hmm:

xaviMF22 said:

well I think you're both dicks who act like pussies when someone criticizes or badmouths U2......
are you related to Bono? Does it make you cry when something negative gets said about U2?.......:hmm:

I'm a "dick" and a "pussy"?

Last edited:
ozeeko said:

I'm just contributing to the topic, my man. This is a forum about opinions, and this is my opinion. If the thread were about "An Cat Dubh" or "A Sort Of Homecoming" or "Wake Up Dead Man", you would hear nothing but praise from me. I just don't like this song, and I think it's probably the most "undeserved" U2 classic of their entire career, with "Kite" coming in at #2.

You wanna talk about other U2 songs? I'm sure we'd agree on a lot. But in the meantime, don't chastize me just because I don't like a song that you like. (if you could call it a song that is)

I never said I like the song.

I just think your posts in general are shit. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe some day, you'll post something that isn't negative.

Maybe start by creating a thread about one of those songs you like.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

I never said I like the song.

I just think your posts in general are shit. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe some day, you'll post something that isn't negative.

Maybe start by creating a thread about one of those songs you like.

I have created past threads about songs I like. "An Cat Dubh" being one of them, where I highlight Bono's primal grunts during the middle, pointing it out as one of his top sexual vocal moments.

You just choose to focus on my negative posts. Thanks tho. It beats being ignored.

ozeeko said:

I have created past threads about songs I like. "An Cat Dubh" being one of them, where I highlight Bono's primal grunts during the middle, pointing it out as one of his top sexual vocal moments.

You just choose to focus on my negative posts. Thanks tho. It beats being ignored.

500 posts and you praised "An Cat Dubh", you're a fan of the music. :|

I didn't chose anything. You did. I simply pointed it out.

You're the new "Debbie Downer" of the board. You're now on par with Xavi, which isn't saying much.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
You wanna take this outside?

500 posts? I don't keep track of this shit, bro. I come on here every once in a while and say my piece and leave. You're the one keeping a mental history of everyone's posts. Get a life dude.

MrBrau1 said:

I'm a "dick" and a "pussy"?

consider yourself a pussydick :wink:

i remember that xavi has started atyclb appreciation threads in here. its only stuck and htdaab that he really dislikes, if im not mistaken. cannot see its that bad.

thought this thread was about COBL? :scratch:

anywho..

I love the song.. It a great song live..so amazingly sonic!
And it was a great surprise to me when I heard the song during the movie The Devil Wears Prada. :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

Nah... I've critised U2 on this forum for some of their 90's output, (The evidence is there for all to see). The difference between me and you is that I've never become a self indulgent twat with my criticism, unlike you.

Back
Top Bottom