City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Man, this song has become such a classic, at least I think it has. I'm watching the world cup as I type and listening to that song(promo) gives me goose bumps. I can't stop playing it. Specially the live versions.... lol

Just thought I share that with you fellow fans!

yeah totally
i love how they open up with it
it gives me the chills and brings back great memories

It takes me back so much.. wake up ending, the 'everyone' chant and then the beginning of COBL..:heart: :heart:

my jaw dropped the first time i heard it and it still gives me thrilling shiver of expansive sonic & vocal JOY when hearing it.

THEN.... hearing it LIVE!!! the 3 times on tour plus first in Brooklyn live OMG :drool: :drool: :love: :love:

it IS one of my favU2 AND alltime rock songs hands down.

I don't think Streets And City can be compared... People seem to do it a lot but I don't like to compare any song, because I believe that every song is unique even if it's not a good one...

The song is featured in an upcoming movie (to be released this friday.)

I saw a screening over the weekend, and the song sounded great, but it was a scene for the wrong fucking city.

Tha is all I'll say.

ouizy said:
The song is featured in an upcoming movie (to be released this friday.)

I saw a screening over the weekend, and the song sounded great, but it was a scene for the wrong fucking city.

Tha is all I'll say.

Cool what film?
(And I know that the song is meant for NYC, but it always reminds me of dublin!)

shaun vox said:
WOW i never liked that song!!
i like streets but cannot stand City of Blinding Lights!!
zzzzzzzzzzz

i cant stand both lol

COBL is the best song on HTDAAB by a mile. It gives me goosebumps and such a rush every time, especially the first lot of woo oooo woooooooossss!!!

I don't understand how someone could not enjoy this song or not compare it to 'Streets. When I first heard City of Blinding Lights I loved it & thought it could replace Where The Streets Have No Name in their live set. To me it's kind of the same song years appart.

Nothing will ever re-capture that magic of seeing Bono come up in front of us with hands raised, while Edge is chiming in the background while confetti rained down on us..... this song is quite simply the most thrilling concert opener EVER. The combo of music, effects, props, lighting, everything.... pure magic.

Back
Top Bottom