Christmas songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

that was 2004 and band aid was 1984... in 2004 Bono had a big fight with Justin Hawkins(dunno who he is anywayz) and Robbie Williams over 'his' line... Bono won, but he didn't sang it very well anywayz... I prefer the '84 band aid aswell, has no Chris martin in it...

:yes:

Bono was trying to do a Bruce Springsteen impression this time with the line. Well, he may have partially succeeded, but I think it hurt the line overall. The way he sang it in '84 rules.

Still, had Bono repeated that line the same way, there'd be two problems: (1) People would think he is unoriginal (gasp!); (2) it would be out of place in the song. Why? Because the entire remake is so horrendous that one good line of singing would have really stood out. At least this way, Bono's Springsteen imitation blends in with the crappiness of this remake.

Anyway, U2's version of "It's Christmas" was on the very first "Special Christmas" CD back in 1987. That was U2's only official Christmas song. We have boots of others, but that's it.

Still, I'm not sure I want a Christmas album from U2. But it is time for them to do another Christmas song - for another charity project. And Bono, if you and the rest of U2 do this, please don't sing like Springsteen.

Back
Top Bottom