Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsreports2424

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey, at camp I was going through my friends iPod and I saw some U2 song and one of them was Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

I have NEVER heard it before and it was never on any of their albums but it is (I think) one of their best songs they've done...

:drool:

This song is a cover. The original was done by Darlene Love (and is co-written by Phil Spector) and appeared on A Christmas Gift For You (according to some the best Christmas album ever). U2's version originally appeared on the 1987 charity album A Very Special Christmas (with all proceeds supporting the Special Olympics).
They also shot a video for this song. :shifty:

When christmas are coming I often play this song to get in christmas mood. I love it:drool:

This song would be number 1 if it was released at xmas and would coin in extra cash for the charity. LETS START A CAMPAIGN!!Its a great version and such a bouncy tune. I listen to it all the time and reminds me of xmas (obviously) which is a time of year i love as it has a happy vibe

gman said:
This song would be number 1 if it was released at xmas and would coin in extra cash for the charity. LETS START A CAMPAIGN!!Its a great version and such a bouncy tune. I listen to it all the time and reminds me of xmas (obviously) which is a time of year i love as it has a happy vibe

I'll join that campaign Gman!

An Cat Gav said:
Great track.
Their second best cover version, after the peerless Night and Day of course.

Agreed :yes: it's a good cover.... it's annoying if you listen to it too often, but it works if you listen to it at christmas only ^^

B's voice is really strong on that...that might be one of the reasons I like it so much. Live version is cool too (only played once)...they could re-release it as a single with the live version as the b-side, that would be cool.

An Cat Gav said:

I'll join that campaign Gman!

The camaign really is gathering momentum now.................its me and Gav thus far. I think we need at least another 2 peeps for any hope of a release:wink:

GibsonGirl and I did a cover of this a while back. I am really thinking of getting the virtual band back together to re-do it for this Xmas.

We'll see...

Canadiens1160 said:
GibsonGirl and I did a cover of this a while back. I am really thinking of getting the virtual band back together to re-do it for this Xmas.

We'll see...

I'll contribute some cowbell if you like... :drool:

MoreCowbell.jpg

2nd time in two days, thank you very much :shifty:

He's a man among boys, I can tell you that much.

Back on topic, this song is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs. It's a classic, there's no way around it.

Back
Top Bottom