Chicago DVD playing on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
The U2 Live in Chicago DVD is playing on Much More Music right now, and has been all night (repeating over an over). Anyone have any info about this? I thought it was odd that it'd be on TV so soon after the release.. well, I would have thought it to be odd anytime actually. Did U2 allow this, or what? Have other U2 concerts been played on TV?

Yes they have allowed it - I don't know if they've played the whole thing on much more music, but in the UK, they selected about an hours worth of 'highlights'

ZOO TV sydney was also played pretty much in full on the telly in the UK. As was elevation slane & Popmart.

I think I remember them playing a few songs from popmart in the Netherlands on a U2 special as well.

It's supposedly playing for free on DirectTV so anywon can Tivo it and watch it the month of December. I think it's great they are doing this, just like they did with Popmart. I'd buy the dvd anyway if I had DirectTV access....and I did! I was one who pre ordered the day the news came out and I saw the listing on Overstock.com. I love it, I've watched it 4 times already and have the audio boot too! :wink:

I saw it last night on MMM too. They didn't play all of it. They skipped Elevation, Zoo Station and The Fly for certain. I didn't watch the whole thing.. but it says that it will be on again today on MMM at 2pmEST.

Back
Top Bottom