Chicago DVD Deluxe Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen the dvd now, and the bonus disc is interesting, but sparse. THe documentary is cool, but the rest is interesting at best, but hardly worth the extra 10-15 bucks...

target has the regular version for 11.98
but they don't carry the deluxe version...

all the other places have the deluxe version from anywhere between 22.99 -30.00

i dunno. the only real drawback i have seen is the packaging. I personally hate the idea of the oversized jewel case. I think it is ugly and cheap looking, and reminds me of those Discount DVD titles you find at the dollar store.

again, just a personal preference. I bought the deluxe edition more for the packaging than anything else (though the documentary was a bit enticing, i will admit)...

if they had been in the same packaging, though, i would have probably thought twice about shelling out 10 bucks for such a short documentary...

my thing is this: they could have easily fit everything onto 1 dvd and only issued ONE version at the low price.

it is what it is, i guess

on the flipside, the concert is amazing and worth every penny. on my first viewing I felt like this was perhaps their best tour recording. Hard to say for real, but the energy is really high during the performance, especially on THE ELECTRIC CO

definitely better than the boston dvd, in my opinion

Clawgrabber said:
all the other places have the deluxe version from anywhere between 22.99 -30.00

Tower Records has it for only $21.99 on sale through next week !! :wink:

Originally posted by Clawgrabber
on the flipside, the concert is amazing and worth every penny. on my first viewing I felt like this was perhaps their best tour recording. Hard to say for real, but the energy is really high during the performance, especially on THE ELECTRIC CO

definitely better than the boston dvd, in my opinion

Completely right !! :up:
It's because of Chicago's United Center ... as it's ALWAYS been a loud arena.
Something about the structure of that building always carries people's screaming to a higher level. :applaud:
Absolutely Fantasic !! :bow:

The two disk is only $22.99 Canadian at best buy here in Canada, thats an unreal price for the DVD.

My personal feeling is that the "Surveillance" footage is nothing like it was described to be a few months ago. It is more like watching U2 through a CCTV camera. As for the documentary, it is okay and made me laugh quite a few times!

I wouldn't say the disc is worth the extra cost, but I got it anyway because I much prefer the packaging (and hey, its U2)

thelaj said:
My personal feeling is that the "Surveillance" footage is nothing like it was described to be a few months ago. It is more like watching U2 through a CCTV camera. As for the documentary, it is okay and made me laugh quite a few times!

I wouldn't say the disc is worth the extra cost, but I got it anyway because I much prefer the packaging (and hey, its U2)

Yeah. I don't think I'll be watching anything on the bonus disc again anytime soon. The documentary was pretty interesting, but that's it.

The DVD packaging for the 1990-2000 best of was great - way better than the oversized jewel case

MaxFisher said:
Is it worth the extra money?

i would say definitly not....I paid 10euros extra and its pretty basic...the documentary isnt as good as the elevation one....its good, but not as good.....the narration was really good for the elevation one, dont know why they didnt do it again...

....the 'surveillance' shots suck, in my opinion....just crap quality video for 4 songs....showing pretty inane stuff...

...they SO easily could've put better and more things onto it...anything, ya know? ..like all the videos from this album, stuff it would cost nothing to do but would at least pad it out abit....or the Rock Hall Of Fame intro.....

extras are a bad showing on their part....:|

why couldnt they have put in one or both versions of party girl that they edited out? would have been a lot better than the surveillance crap.

Chizip said:
why couldnt they have put in one or both versions of party girl that they edited out? would have been a lot better than the surveillance crap.

God, it actually angers me the way they sold the whole 'surveillance' thing....

"you'll see the show from a TOTALLY different perspective!!!"

yeah, the crappiest perspective possible.

thanks.

:|

LemonAid said:

God, it actually angers me the way they sold the whole 'surveillance' thing....

"you'll see the show from a TOTALLY different perspective!!!"

yeah, the crappiest perspective possible.

thanks.

:|

Perhaps they should have had a 'TOILET' cam which filmed the fans missing the show during their piss break, whith just the muffled sound of the concert in the background, and a few people whistling or singing along.

Ellay said:

Perhaps they should have had a 'TOILET' cam which filmed the fans missing the show during their piss break, whith just the muffled sound of the concert in the background, and a few people whistling or singing along.

:wink:

I actually tho, cannot understand how ppl can want to miss any of the gig thwy have paid so much for, just to go for a piss or buy a beer. Surely they can hang on just a little longer?! I hate it during this dvd and on Boston where u can clearly see ppl walking in and out thru the doors around the arena - stay still!!!:madspit:

:wink:

I purchased the 2 disk set for $22.00 at Best Buy. The concert disk is great (plus I was at that show)

The "behind the scenes" Disk 2 is ok. The only reason I got it was becuase I wanted to see if I made it into the "behind the scenses" footage and I DID!!!

When Bono comes out of the hotel to do a meet and greet with the fans, there are a couple of scenes that I am in. That was worth the extra $10.00 for me.

sparty1969 said:

When Bono comes out of the hotel to do a meet and greet with the fans, there are a couple of scenes that I am in. That was worth the extra $10.00 for me.

Yeah I see u.....u looked a bit rough. Heavy night????? hehehe:wink:

I got the regular edition but I think I'm going to to make my own sleeve to slip into a regular DVD case. This oversized jewel is a POS.

Aardvark747 said:

I actually tho, cannot understand how ppl can want to miss any of the gig thwy have paid so much for, just to go for a piss or buy a beer.

Seriously? Bullet is my bathroom break and it's perfectly timed in the show for this purpose. You'll notice a FLOOD of people going when it starts, which is kind of funny to me. But there's no sense being uncomfortable or getting a UTI just to stand there through a song you may not like so much.... I also found my blinky light and MSG special shirt at a concession stand with no line during Bullet too, so double score for me! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom