Chicago concert in a WHOLE new Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyB

Babyface
I love the chicago dvd, but I really wanted to have just the audio from the concert so I could put the concert into my IPOD, and listen to it on the road or while working out. So I ripped just the audio from the dvd into individual tracks - And I actually have to say the concert seems to me so much better. If anyone has not done this yet, it is worth it.

I would also like the ability to do this... mainly because I can't bring a DVD player around when I go running or driving.

I got the audio from a mate in Ireland before I saw the dvd (I'd pre ordered it on Overcast.com and had to wait a few days after the release date till it arrived). I love listening to the boots (audio) or the shows I've been to cuz you can miss so much especially of the dialogue between songs. I have a great collection of boots, and a lot of them on my iPod. Glad you are enjoying the audio from the Chicago dvd tho, it is great, I agree.

I never understood why U2 didn't just include a bonus cd with most of the concert on it. I don't know what everyone else's lifestyle with music is like, but mine is something like 95% audio and 5% visual. I just don't have much time to sit down and watch a dvd as much as I would like to. Especially having 2 kids. I love having the music on while I am working, doing house work, or playing around with the kids.

Ever since I got this U2 Communication cd 2 weeks ago and a custom dvd-audio rip cd of the Chicago show 3 weeks ago, I have been really enjoying listening to this all the time now.

Oh yeah. The whole surreal cat/strip/wtf deal was funny. Especially the part with him sticking the mike in his pants. Wierdo. I had to go back and watch that for the giggles. Wierd, wierd man.

Well hey when the title is about a black cat. Might as well act the part :wink:

I think it was very.... interesting.... to watch Bano act weird. Then lay down and suck his thumb on the ramp. :lmao: has there ever been a time when he HASN'T done something incredibly embarrassing?

catlhere said:
Well hey when the title is about a black cat. Might as well act the part :wink:

I think it was very.... interesting.... to watch Bano act weird. Then lay down and suck his thumb on the ramp. :lmao: has there ever been a time when he HASN'T done something incredibly embarrassing?

...yeah...sometimes I get alot of 'frustrated ex-high school thespian' off of Bono.

can you imagine how his teen-age girls must feel? Daaaaaad..stoooop doooingg thaaat........

:)

hang on a sec, people are saying bono is weaird acting like a cat, but it was "cool" for him to walk like a monkey during popmart :|

KUEFC09U2 said:
hang on a sec, people are saying bono is weaird acting like a cat, but it was "cool" for him to walk like a monkey during popmart :|

Well, in that case, they are just as :coocoo: (because the monkey walk was actually even worse).

catlhere said:
has there ever been a time when he HASN'T done something incredibly embarrassing?

The cat stuff is less embarrasing than the Silver and Gold speech.

I find it interesting that the people that get aggravated at that didn't seem to mind the theatrics of the Zoo.

yeah, what about the dance in front of the snowy screen on ZooTV? yeah, that was normal.......

tommycharles said:

The cat stuff is less embarrasing than the Silver and Gold speech.

I find it interesting that the people that get aggravated at that didn't seem to mind the theatrics of the Zoo.
:up: got it in one

Well yah, but..wtf was up with the mike in the pants? Seriously, dude, what /were/ you doing? If you're horny, /please/ go home. Please. :eyebrow:
Heh. I haven't seen him act like a monkey. I'm sure I'd have hysterics.
As far as his daughters: Hell, the fact that he's /breathing/ is probably enough. I wanted nothing to do with anything that remotely resembled a parent at that age.
But then, they're probably used to the fact that their dad's a dork. And he makes money being a dork. They likely put up with it, reminding themselves that they can move far, far away...
- ohwait. Thazme. Sorry.

Devlin said:
Well yah, but..wtf was up with the mike in the pants? Seriously, dude, what /were/ you doing? If you're horny, /please/ go home. Please. :eyebrow:
Heh. I haven't seen him act like a monkey. I'm sure I'd have hysterics.
As far as his daughters: Hell, the fact that he's /breathing/ is probably enough. I wanted nothing to do with anything that remotely resembled a parent at that age.
But then, they're probably used to the fact that their dad's a dork. And he makes money being a dork. They likely put up with it, reminding themselves that they can move far, far away...
- ohwait. Thazme. Sorry.
well how could he fall down like he did to if he had a mic in his hand? and how is he a dork? he is a stage performer, they are meant to "act" a little

I say he's a dork because he'll go from normal for the average stage performer to KWEH?
IE the whole cat/wtf thing.
I think he's missed his calling as a stripper, though. That was pretty good for a guy who cannot for the life of him dance.
Yup. He's a dork. He's a nerd. He's cute, though. I'll give him cute.
BTW, I do like him. He's just got that whole dorky personality thing happening. It's funny.

The cat bit = a man way to comfortable on that stage.:eek:

Awww come on guys, I thought the cat thing was funny. One of the most interesting parts of the show, anyway (and my little sister loved it :wink: ). As for the mic thing, I don't think it was meant to be sexual at all, it was just Bono being dumb and thinking "hmmm where could i put this while i crawl around like a cat...oh! i know! my PANTS! :hyper:"

i love you bono. you're a little touched, but i love you anyway.

and the ZooTV kick thing in front of the screen was fucking badass.

Where can I get a program to rip the audio off DVD's? I have Slane, Rattle & Hum and Chicago now and I want to rip the audio.

I watching The Cricket Show and they divided the Aussie team into two groups - Nerds and Julio's. I think Adam is cool, so he would be a julio. And Larry. Edge, borderline. Bono is a nerd though. :wink: But the damn coolest nerd ever.

I have decided I won't be showing my friends the whole An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. Bono doing the cat/wtf thing and then picking the kid out of the crowd might get me a fair bit bagged by my friends...

COBL_04 said:
Where can I get a program to rip the audio off DVD's? I have Slane, Rattle & Hum and Chicago now and I want to rip the audio.

I would request a rip from the AV forum rather than downloading a program... cos I haven't found a good *free* program yet.

T

i dont get why people think bono picking the kid up is "uncool" its a symbol of bono turning to fatherhood, and people say they wont show the acd performance to friends yet there more than happy to show ZooTv and popmart

I must be missing something... are we talking about the Chicago DVD and Bono putting the mic in his pants?
I've watched this DVD over and over btw .. I LOVE IT
...is it during An Cat Dubh?
I must have missed it completely... talk about your dorks :)

whoa, whoa, whoa

Bono did a "monkey walk" during PopMart??? :ohmy:

what song?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom