Cheesiest lyric on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I love this album, but man, some of Bono's lyrics are *really* cheesy nowadays. Anyone agree? If so, what are your top cheesy lines from HTDAAB?

Here are mine:

1) "There is no failure here sweetheart / just when you quit" (so lame)

2) "Freedom has the scent / like the top of a newborn baby's head" (it sounds like a line from Bush's inauguration speech)

3) "Where is the love?"

4) "Please stay a child somewhere in your heart" (are we on Oprah?)

5) "Like smiling, crying and celebrity" (are we still on Oprah?)

Some stuff from OOTS, even though it's my favorite from the album, LOL.

"Where is the love" is incredibly cliche'd and annoying.

What you noted was pretty cheesy too.

I like the baby's head line! Maybe I'm the only one. But one line I do find just a bit cheesy is the whole "where you live..." line from Cumbs. I don't dislike the lyrics, it's just a bit...well you know.

Oh, and I love the entire OOTS song. Every little bit of it. Even the crying, smiling, and celebrity.:wink:

miss becky said:
"intellectual tor-toyse"

That's my favourite line on the entire album. It's not the best, but it's my favourite all the same.

the intellectual tortoise is badass. probably one of my favroite lyrics on the album as well.

as for cheesiest, picture in my pocket

but, i love fast cars nonetheless and think its a fun song.

Sleep Over Jack said:
*pleased he isn't as miserably picky as some* ;)

Cheers, quite right.

I am taking this opportunity to name my favorite line.

"All you daughters of ZIHH-ohn."

:wink:

'I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman'

Blech. :yuck:
I think that whole song is cheesy.

1. 'i could never take a chance..........b/w a man and a woman'

apart from that....the lyrics are brilliant...... lyrically, this album is second only to Achtung Baby....

OOTS: "I'll give you everything you want, except the thing that you want"......... good job Bono, you're a genius. :|

Last edited:
nuke126 said:
OOTS: "I'll give you everything you want, except the thing that you want"......... good job Bono, you're a genius. :|

i dont have a problem with the line, but thats hilarious...

anyway, have to say my top 2 are:
"Freedom has a scent, like the top of a newborn baby's head"
"Where is the love?"

"Just give me what I want, and no one gets hurt" (used to like it, it's kind of cheesy to me now)

have to say i love the "intellectual tortoise" line
:wink:

BrownEyedBoy said:
The "I could never take a chance..." lyric is awesome. It just sums up the entire reason why to stay faithful in a beautiful way.

:up: Amen. I love that line. Few rockstars will ever write a chorus like that.

So far I agree with all those posted. Looks like this truly is a cheesy U2 album. Cheesy is fine with me because Bon Jovi makes cheesy music yet they are a great band. I just hope U2 never graduate from being cheesy and suddenly become lame.

Cheers,

J

LyricalDrug said:
2) "Freedom has the scent / like the top of a newborn baby's head" (it sounds like a line from Bush's inauguration speech)
No, Bush would've written it, "Freedom has a freedom / like the freedom of a newborn freedom's freedom."

Re: Re: Cheesiest lyric on HTDAAB?

typhoon said:

No, Bush would've written it, "Freedom has a freedom / like the freedom of a newborn freedom's freedom."

:lol:

I was a Bush supporter this election, but nice one nonetheless. ;)

lmjhitman said:
'I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance

I like that, because he's not just spewing cheesy lines, I think he really means it. It seems like a statement about his and Ali's successful long term relationship. While some guys (or girls, especially rock stars and other famous people) would give up the person who loves them if they become 'boring' and go have an 'exciting' romantic affair, and end up losing their true love for a cheap fling, Bono has realized that is not good and didn't do it. I admire him for it, so I love the line.

Back
Top Bottom