CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! (billboard news)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You do realize this is going to negatively impact our odds of getting good concert tickets, right?:no: :sexywink:

Ah U2 dork, way to take great news and turn it into something terrible...
(Kidding)

Actually, if this all takes off right, we should be getting a stadium tour this time around to go with the arena shows...otherwise, yeah, we're screwed.

I need to get tickets. I was lucky for Elevation tour. I think Interence members should get first crack at tickets.

Yeah, this is a good sign that u2 is again recieving airplay on the modern rock stations. That's a mighty large market for u2 to be part of again. In a way, the programmers have decided "this is what we think our listeners want to hear", and the listeners have said "this is what we want to hear".

I have no idea how P.R. will work for this album and unofficial fansites, but there are things I would like to see (not saying it has to be this way at all) as a fan:

1. Backstage passes for the staff and possibly long time contributors of major unofficial fansites. These people spent perhaps months of minutes in the development of content and promotion. I know this work is done for fun and for free, but a small reward for these people would be really cool.

2. A special seating section for members of unofficial fansites at nearest location where u2 plays. I may be new, but I'm positive that there are more senior members here who would love to connect with other senior members in the context of a concert near where they live. (this could be done without the help of the band, but it would be hard to arrange block seating without their help).

3. Perhaps there could be a draw or a contest to win a free seat in the fansite section? This might inspire the fansite noobs (Of which I am a part, I guess) to stick around. Mind you, I'm probably not going anywhere unless work takes me away.

THat's really cool.

But I am confused.

I was looking at the chart stuff they have right now and it says "Issue Date Oct. 2nd" when we are only on the 27th. Can someone explain to me how this works? I'd appreciate it.

Jason,

Issue date is when the physical magazine gets published with the info you and I are reading now...

Se7en said:
:up: :up: great news! should chart higher than BD did and look at what that song did for ATYCLB.

i would love to see vertigo hit #1 on some of these alt rock charts.

Me too! I think it would be better to see it climb gradually instead of hit at No. 1. I personally like gradual climbs to the top, shows consistency. :)

U2Fan101 said:
But it's actually last weeks physical radio play, yes?

Magazines always work ahead as far as their dates go (like right now October magazines are on newsstands even though we're still in September) but all the information in the magazine would be days, weeks or months old depending on deadlines and such.

On another note, when you guys find stories like this, please e-mail or PM myself (devlin@interference.com) or HelloAngel (carrie@interference.com) so we can post the articles in the News section. Thanks!!

U2Fan101 said:

Me too! I think it would be better to see it climb gradually instead of hit at No. 1. I personally like gradual climbs to the top, shows consistency. :)

well yes, hit #1...at some point. as long as vertigo can hang around the top 20 until Nov. 22/23 it will have done its job.

then we'll need to fasten our seatbelts for the second single.:drool:

Se7en said:

well yes, hit #1...at some point. as long as vertigo can hang around the top 20 until Nov. 22/23 it will have done its job.

then we'll need to fasten our seatbelts for the second single.:drool:

Ooooh man, Vertigo stays in the top 20 when November rolls around, and in December U2 release another single, and we have two singles in the top 20. :drool: (In the style of Homer Simpson: "Mmmmmm......U2".)

U2Fan101 said:
I was looking at the chart stuff they have right now and it says "Issue Date Oct. 2nd" when we are only on the 27th. Can someone explain to me how this works? I'd appreciate it.

The chart stuff they have now is based on the information of the week 13-19 September. That information becomes known the week after (often on Wednesday/Thursday, so 22/23 September). The chart will then be dated on the Saturday of the next week, I think because that is then the last day that chart is current.

C ya!

Marty

That is pretty amazing news, but I'm going to approach it cautiously. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fantastic song but I get the feeling Vertigo might be a track that radio plays a lot initially but it fades long-term.

Back
Top Bottom