Chasers Makes fun of Bono and U2. LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a good sense of humour...and not adverde to u2 getting the piss taken outta them, as long as its amusing........That was shit!Best part was the guy playing edge doing the eye rolling just like edge.

That's one of their weaker parodies. The ad for Adam Clayton's solo tour is far, far better.

major_panic said:

Agreed, that one was hilarious.

Damn, can't find it on youtube...

Hmm, strange. It used to be on YouTube. The Chaser, as an ABC show, makes its stuff publicly available so it should still be there ...

But let's laugh anyway. This is one of my favourites, golf coverage Chaser style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0gOEk26jPo

The Adam skit was hilarious. :lol: When I told my mate that Adam was in fact a badass (because he smokes on Popmart) he goes "you know why he is smoking? because he doesn't have to play his instrument."

I had nothin.

But that knob i am skit is crap.

This was already mentioned here before - and it still isn't good. ;) I love a good parody - some of my favorites are when U2 are mocking themselves - but this one is really, REALLY bad. U2 are such an open target that doing a bad parody is inexcusable.

The Chasers has never struck me as being particularly funny. The pranks they pull tend to be more malicious than entertaining.

The sketch is boring, too.

Too fast.

That one dude doesn't even slightly look like Edge.

Still, pretty accurate Bono impression.

Shag On A Rock said:
I don't get The Chaser. I don't find the Bono nor Adam nor Golf nor Kevin skit funny. :(

Whats the best one? Maybe Ill find that a laugh.

I've never found them hilarious... if you keep fooling around on Youtube you should be able to find a good one.

Has anyone seen the skit involving Julian Morrow going up to the Bra Boys? He almost gets his head punched in.

cinnaminson said:
They're funny but the show is a total rip of of The D-Generation and The Late Show from the 90's.

True-ish, but we need something to keep that flame going. and the Chaser have filled D-Gen's shoes as best as anyone else could....

cinnaminson said:
They're funny but the show is a total rip of of The D-Generation and The Late Show from the 90's.

Well, in their own words, they are striving for mediocrity in a world of excellence. :wink:

Mm, while we're on the subject, what's everyone's choice U2 parodies?

I like Chris Morris' mock Bono phone interview from 1992(?) the most, next is probably the Spitting Image song. Don't mind the Ben Stiller show's 13th episode one either.

Back
Top Bottom