CHANGE IS CONSTANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
Heaven on Earth, we need it now.
I'm sick of all of this hanging around.
I'm sick of the sorrow, sick of the pain,
sick of hearing again and again,
that there's never gonna be peace on earth.

It was fascinating to hear Bono add the word 'never' in the last line of Peace on Earth from America: Tribute to Heroes. Again, Bono being Bono and never wanting to be pigeonholed by his own lyrics. Again, a moving, poignant performance.

Chris

*lol*

You posted this 5 minutes after somebody else did! Crazy U2 fans...
smile.gif

It was a great moment...it really struck me when I was listening to it because I wasn't expecting him to say "never".

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I know Bonochick...I even posted in his apologizing for a double post. It wasn't done intentionally, but it doesn't surprise me the way us U2 fans think.

I just can't stop listening/looking at the performance. I'm mesmorized by the sheer power in the words to a song I've listened to a thousand times in Walk On, and as mentioend, to be totally caught off guard by Bono adding the word 'never' to Peace on Earth, but at the same time it just felt right when I heard it. Like it was meant to be.

Chris

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I know Bonochick...I even posted in his apologizing for a double post. It wasn't done intentionally, but it doesn't surprise me the way us U2 fans think.

I thought it was pretty funny...great minds think alike!!!!
smile.gif

My grandparents are in town visiting, so I watched the show with them and my parents, and they all thought it was incredible.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Like I mentioned in the Tribute thread, the new lyric IS a statement of sorts on what's been going on.

I like the song better this way, now it's hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom