Celebrity fans can be U2 fanatics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SweetOnU2

the invisible woman
that was cool! Thanks for posting it!
wink.gif

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Hello,

This afternoon I was reading the article about the Q awards in Q magazine. These awards were held last month in London. Unfortunately, U2 didn't win any award people could vote for, but they did get the People's Choice Award "[f]or the most votes from Q readers across all the Awards categories."
Anyway, there are some short interviews with some celebrities about the awards and an often recurring question is: Who are the best act in the world today? The answer by Cher is short: U2.
Fran Healy of Travis (winner of Best Album, a category U2 was also nominated):
U2. I lost my U2 virginity this year. First time I ever saw them and it was incredible. I was also jammy enough to watch Bono recording some vocals in a studio. He is an amazing singer. A true living legend.

But shining out as a true U2 fanatic, one who wouldn't be out of place on this forum or PLEBA, has to be Elvis Costello.

Who's the best act in the world today?

I'd say U2. I've seen that tour six times, I'm going to see them again in Philadelphia in a couple of nights, and the show gets better and better. They're absolutely on top form. That's the best group playing rock'n'roll in the world. Big shows are usually hopeless, but they do it with a lot of heart and wit.

Elvis won the Merit Award this year. I only have a comprehensive Best Of... CD of his work, but to me he sounds amazing. I want to suggest to make him an honorary member of Interference. Sorry Elvis (Joel), but I think this Elvis deserves it.
tongue.gif

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

[This message has been edited by Popmartijn (edited 11-24-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom