CBGB:Ramones cover CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
my guitar teacher told me that a bunch of bands did Ramones cover songs for a CD so that the guy who used to own CBGB's can get out of his 30,000,000 debt.
U2 supposedly did Beat on the Brat.
Im just surprised I didnt hear anything about it did anybody else?
It didnt come out yet either but still...
~slainte

I haven't heard of this compilation, but Beat On the Brat was originally on the Ramones tribute CD "We're a Happy Family," which came out a few years ago.

It was released in the year 2003. It was just a tribute CD and had nothing to do with the owner of the CBGB's debt.

We're a Happy Family - A Tribute To Ramones is a tribute album by various artists as a tribute to the Ramones. It started when Johnny Ramone was confronted with the idea of a tribute album and was asked if he wanted to participate, to which he agreed, as long as he would have full control over the project. He was able to get Rob Zombie as a co-producer, and call upon different bands to participate. Rob Zombie also did the cover artwork, and Stephen King, being a fan of the Ramones, wrote the liner notes.

1. "Havana Affair" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. "Blitzkrieg Bop" - Rob Zombie
3. "I Believe in Miracles" - Eddie Vedder & Zeke
4. "53rd & 3rd" - Metallica
5. "Beat on the Brat" - U2
6. "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?" - KISS
7. "The KKK Took My Baby Away" - Marilyn Manson
8. "I Just Wanna Have Something To Do" - Garbage
9. "Outsider" - Green Day
10. "Something to Believe In" - The Pretenders
11. "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker" - Rancid
12. "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" - Pete Yorn
13. "I Wanna Be Sedated" - The Offspring
14. "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" - Rooney
15. "Return of Jackie & Judy" - Tom Waits
16. "Daytime Dilemma (Dangers of Love)" - Eddie Vedder & Zeke1

Tracks 17-19 each contain 10 seconds of silence

20. "Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World" - John Frusciante (hidden track)

Last edited:
As corianderstem correctly states, there are two different albums, "We Are a Happy Family" which came out in 2003 and the new CBGB tribute album, which came out this week. Two different records, one common U2 cover.

yeah definitely the one that came out this week.. i guess ill have to check it out

Back
Top Bottom