Carson Daly Is Among Us...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
So Carson sends his condolences on TRL out to Bono when his father died... shows footage of his trip to Slane on TRL... gives a killer speach to introduce the band...

I think it's pretty obvious that the King of TRL Himself, Carson Daly, is infact a U2 fanatic. Sure he acts like he's into the Spears and the Aguilera... but in reality he's thinking "God I wish they'd let me play more U2 on this crappy show."

It makes me wonder... do ya think that Carson Daly is an Interferencer? Is one of the guys we talk to all the time on these Posts actually the "King" of TRL? Hmmmm...

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.

Carson Daly is an idiot. But I agree, he is a U2 fan and that speach was good.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

was wondering the very same thing on the way home today....
we'll know it's true next time he mentions them and we can tell that he got his info from here ;-)

------------------
It's okay, the struggle for things not to say.
I never listened to you anyway

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Originally posted by Angel:
Carson Daly is an idiot. But I agree, he is a U2 fan and that speach was good.

i'm not s8ure , i'm really not sure about both facts ,
wink.gif

Carson did good lastnight, I'll say that much!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

carson is a good person who happens to work on a cable channel that force feeds mainstream music. it's not his fault. i think he's a U2 fan. think of all the people mtv could have gotten to introduce U2 (when jon bon jovi and jewel walked out i thought they were going to do it. they seemed like U2 people.) carson has to be a fan.

and, yes, i think he's amoung us.
wink.gif

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

Remember the 100 greatest pop songs countdown on MTV? Carson hosted, and when "One" was announced at number 8, he got irate and said something along the lines of, "Come on you guys, it's alright to cheer, it's U2!!"

And he looked like a kid in a candy store when they came on TRL.

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Originally posted by madonna's child:
think of all the people mtv could have gotten to introduce U2 (when jon bon jovi and jewel walked out i thought they were going to do it. they seemed like U2 people.)

Oh lord...never again say that Bon Jovi is anywhere comparable to U2. Jewel is respectable, but Bon Jovi? Nuh uh.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Originally posted by PopFly:
Oh lord...never again say that Bon Jovi is anywhere comparable to U2. Jewel is respectable, but Bon Jovi? Nuh uh.

U2 did go see them earlier this year, and Jon is a U2 fan...
smile.gif

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Well, if Carson flew from New York to Ireland to see the Slane show, I'd say it's a given that he's a pretty big fan.

If they gave me a job on MTV so I would have a chance to live in New York City, and paid me what I'm sure Daly's making, I'd probably take it happily even though I would probably hate most of the videos I was showing...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

It is possible to work for a corporation and hate the product.....

You can't tell me Matt Pinfield actually agreed w/ a lot of the MTV crap. He was punk/indy from day one.

I think Carson is realizing that U2 are one of the few great bands still in the business, and he's giving them props. It might not be so much that he's a huge fan (although the signs are there
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
), but that he's just tired of the little kiddies screaming about britney and justin, and attempting to show them what real music is.

but yeah, he could be among us........

------------------
hhhhhmmmmmmmm..........

So let's see... I get to be on national TV every weekday on one of the highest watched tv shows around... i've established a good reputation for myself in the business, a possiable stepping stone to a better gig for myself... i get to hang out with brittney spears in all her boobyness... and by being on this show i get to shtoop the likes of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Tara Reid... just for playing a few teenybopper bands...

Let's see some more N'Sync!

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.

Well i was just thinking this aswell. He was on Rosie on Thursday and he praised U2 to the thenth degree. I then wondered if he was amoungesdt us. The speech he gave was amazing and i do believe U2 is his fav band!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Good speech or not, was I the only one who thought he couldn't read the stupid teleprompter??? He kept pausing, it sounded like the teleprompter was slow or something. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom