Carefree U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Lemonseed

The Fly
So most U2 songs are
1. Divine joy songs
2. Worldly troubles songs

However, what song of theirs conveys the most carefree, in the world feeling? Just, happy to be alive...

Off the bat, I think at least the music of Trip Through Your Wires is the most joyous yet worldly song.

Beautiful Day, without a doubt. Both lyrically and musically.

Even Wild Honey, with its carefree sticky honey acoustic guitar gets all emo about still growing wild and honey tress. Pfff, please.

yeah this is a tricky thread with U2. They're not exactly a band content to be "mellow" or uh carefree. Everything is a care!

Miami?

I was thinking "Big Girls Are Best" and remembered this bit:

She's ellipitical
Also political
All so spiritual
Not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical
Those little girls are a pest
Big girls are the best

politics/spirituality/superficiality... I think Bono was subconsciously trying to make this song sound deep. :lmao:

fastcars is about taking pills to ease your mind and knowing that in the long run they dont help... not exactly carefree..

Achtung_Bebe said:
I was thinking "Big Girls Are Best" and remembered this bit:

She's ellipitical
Also political
All so spiritual
Not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical
Those little girls are a pest
Big girls are the best

politics/spirituality/superficiality... I think Bono was subconsciously trying to make this song sound deep. :lmao:

You took the words right out of my mouth...:wink:

I think Beautiful Day would fall under the "divine joy" category:
"After the flood all the colors came out" sort of places it there.

Beautiful Day, Elevation, and Vertigo. It's interesting how these songs have propelled U2 to new heights (at least in terms of popularity) post 9/11. They've acted as a kind of joyous wrapping for the deeper songs of the past two albums.

Back
Top Bottom