Canadians, HELP!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
CANADA Doesn't have the Collector's Edition!!!!! I've been to multiple stores and nobody has it!!!!!!

Any other Canadians manage to get their collector's edition? If so, from what store?????

I ordered it off Amazon...I have no idea as to when I'm getting it.

I just got back from HMV in Toronto and they said that there was a problem shipping them from the states. It will be on sale for around $40 CDN on THURSDAY morning.

mike

I am still seething over this. I called Universal Canada yesterday at the number I posted below, and I was treated like shit. Worse than shit. The customer service person just sat there without responding to any of my questions.

I work in the service (insurance) industry and I know what it feels like to have some one tear you a new one, so I was polite and respectful through out the entire call. She had her back up and refused to even acknowledge they screwed up.

I wrote them a scathing email and demanded that they take responsibility for the mix up and do something for the Canadian fans that now have to wait. We are the last fans in THE WORLD to have access to this Box set. This is insane. I understand that the US manufacturer screwed up. But I resent the fact that because the US manufacturer screwed up the US customers gets their Special Editions and we have to wait. Are we supposed to accept that Universal isn’t in control of their CD distribution? They knew this IN ADVANCE yet they didn’t advise the consumers or the retailers.

Why would I buy anything from Universal after this? In my mind it simply encourages me to download music for free and skip paying Universal. If this is how they want to treat their shrinking consumer base (who put food on their collective table), then why bother?

1-800-265-1955 Toll Free Universal Canada

canada.webmaster@umusic.com

MunkyMan said:
I just got back from HMV in Toronto and they said that there was a problem shipping them from the states. It will be on sale for around $40 CDN on THURSDAY morning.

mike

The only info I was able to wrestle out of Universal yesterday was that there was a problem getting it to Canada and that it would be November 30, 2004 at the earliest before it would be available for sale.

NOVEMBER 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have it on good authority the problem is with the US manufacturer of the CD’s and the box set. They only manufactured half of the requested Limited Editions. When Universal found out about this, they allowed Universal Music US to take ALL of the first half of the completed Box sets, and decided to delay the Canadian distribution/release for an entire week. Of course they made this decision WITHOUT notifying consumers or retailers.

I have a friend who owns a record store who confirmed to me that this is highly unusual as the shortfall in high demand CD releases are usually shared by all the retailers. Universal should have taken the half order they received from the US manufacturer and distributed it evenly across North America. Yes, that would have meant lower availability in both countries, but those of us who pre-ordered this in advance would have received our purchases IN CANADA!

Right now there are likely Box sets sitting in US stores waiting to be bought, while those of us in Canada have to wait another week all because Universal Canada didn’t have the BALLS to request our fair share of the short fall. THIS IS A DISGRACE.

This is a fucking joke! I drove 2hrs to Edmonton to buy the collectors edition at midnight monday night from HMV. They didnt have it either, maybe thursday i was told.

theedge111 said:
This is a fucking joke! I drove 2hrs to Edmonton to buy the collectors edition at midnight monday night from HMV. They didnt have it either, maybe thursday i was told.

Where you from? I'm in Red Deer.

I saw it at Megatunes in Edmonton tuesday. They had 5 or 6 copies, though I'm a cheapo and got the regular CD/DVD version. Dunno why they had it as opposed to bigger places, but I did see it there.

I've decided to get the CD/DVD version. I don't need the book, I already have FC, and I'd rather have the lyrics.

It's funny.....

I just got home and received an email from Universal Canada.

Apparently they regret that this happened and that it was beyond their control. They value us as music consumers and they appreciate our patience in this matter. They are happy to let us know that they are now making it available tomorrow at most CD outlets across Canada and we will no loner have to wait until November 30 for it's release.

GEEEEEEEE THANKS!!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell by now this whole situation has left me a little jaded. With itunes not yet available to Canada, and Universal's distribution fuckup, I am really starting to feel like Canada isn't a priority for U2.

Let's hope Danny Lanois produces more of the next album. We might get back a little more respect as a nation.

:mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :angry: :grumpy: :scratch:

Shono said:

If you can't tell by now this whole situation has left me a little jaded. With itunes not yet available to Canada, and Universal's distribution fuckup, I am really starting to feel like Canada isn't a priority for U2.

wow. i disagree with your anger at this (it happens) but it seems you are deducing U2 to be as powerful as the two corporations which would appear to be causing your problem: apple and universal.

maybe U2 does have a problem with canada. but there is no reason to suggest that based on this incident. U2 is just as likely to have a problem with wisconsin, malaysia and the durham-peel region.

I picked up the box set (CD/DVD/book) today at Tower for $29.99. Best Buy had like 20 copies sitting around, but they wanted $34.99 for it.

Jessica mentioned that she couldn't find the thing in Toronto, so I nabbed a copy once I got off work. The DVD is good. :up:

Where's Megatunes?

Scooter said:
I saw it at Megatunes in Edmonton tuesday. They had 5 or 6 copies, though I'm a cheapo and got the regular CD/DVD version. Dunno why they had it as opposed to bigger places, but I did see it there.

I bought the CD/DVD version @HMV at WEM and asked the clerk if there was a special edition available as well, as I had thought there would be and he was like, "uh, this is all we received," so I figured I was mistaken. But if they have it somewhere in the city, I'd like to know where to get it.

i know future shop's carrying it for $40, and music world for $39. nobody else in my city is carrying it. as much as i hate future shop, i bought mine there because i wasn't driving across town to save a buck.

good luck!

I bought the CD/DVD version @HMV at WEM and asked the clerk if there was a special edition available as well, as I had thought there would be and he was like, "uh, this is all we received," so I figured I was mistaken. But if they have it somewhere in the city, I'd like to know where to get it.

4EVRU2,
Megatunes is on Whyte Ave. They had it on Tuesday, but who knows how fast they went. It was quite expensive, too, compared to what others have been saying. Like 55 bucks or something. It might be worth the wait until HMV gets it in.

I got it yesterday (Thursday) it was delayed I am not sure why.

None the less I have all 3 versions now!

I think the Deluxe CD was the best deal for the money since its very hard to read bonos writting haha

Back
Top Bottom