Canada....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MunkyMan

The Fly
hello all,

Just wondering, Why did Canada get a different version of the new single. I keep reading about the "Canadian Radio"....I'm just wondering???

mike in toronto

Our version is stark and rugged to match our arctic landscape. Do not Edge's arpeggios at the beginning conjure up images of caribou in the northland? that was the whole idea. I just hope the Australian version has a didgeridoo

The real reason is that all the webcasts from Canadian radio stations are in mono.

SkeeK said:
Our version is stark and rugged to match our arctic landscape. Do not Edge's arpeggios at the beginning conjure up images of caribou in the northland? that was the whole idea. I just hope the Australian version has a didgeridoo

Classic!

SkeeK said:
The real reason is that all the webcasts from Canadian radio stations are in mono.

and you can vouch for all radio stations in Canada how?? there is no way my station was in mono.

Angel said:

and you can vouch for all radio stations in Canada how?? there is no way my station was in mono.

What you heard on the radio is either the 'single version' of which there are mp3s readily available all over the place, or the william orbit mix radio edit which is unavailable as an mp3 as of yet.

The 'canadian radio' version people talk about is the right channel of the single version, nothing more. I'm not vouching for all radio stations in canada, i'm just answering munkyman's question in an obscure manner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom