Can SOMEONE please finally answer this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

by350

Babyface
What exactly what Edge so upset about after Gone in the Boston DVD? I've heard a few "rumors." I'm looking for the definite answer!!!

Ya know, I have been trying to remember what happened ever since I saw it on the DVD. Why did he turn and yell at Larry after the song? (I heard Larry started the song too early) But then I heard something got f***ed up with his amp halfway through the song, so his sound kept cutting out. Then I heard something went wrong with his guitar. But you know, I actually don't know so I'll just shut up now.

Originally posted by by350:
Hmmmmm...that would make sense since he's a perfectionist, but it sounded pretty good to me???

That's because the version on the DVD is not the version Edge was mad about. The footage of Edge throwing the guitar was spliced in from the night before, as evidence by the color of the guitar (kept shifting from black to orange). I guess the editors just decided it looked very cool and "rock and roll" of him, so they added it in. The footage of him yelling at Larry is also from the night before.

yeah,I think it was the amp that f-cked up!

or maybe the guitar!

Or maybe something else!

Cause Edge couldn?t have f-cked up could he??
tongue.gif

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

I read that it was because of a comment Bono made about POPMART, if I remember he supposedly said "This is for the ones who missed Popmart", sarcastically and Edge got very pissed. I've read this twice at least. But I still think its about fucking up the song.

Edge's guitar that he uses for that song is a very tempermental guitar. That means that it is hard to keep the guitar tuned due to climate conditions. Depending on temperature and humidity, his Rickenbacker goes out of tune all the time. I watched an interview with Dallas (his guitar tech), and this is where i have got my info from. So his guitar was out of tune and he thought it sounded like crap. He was mad at Adam because Edge gave him the sign to end the song early because of his guitar, but Adam didn't end it when Edge wanted to. The scene in the DVD of him kicking his guitar was taken from the previous show. You can see the color of the guitar change at the very end of the song. Naturally they wouldn't show a song that sounded like crap on a DVD, so they edited in the scene of Edge going nuts. Hope this clarifies stuff.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 01-28-2002).]

OK...so does ANYONE have a copy of the mp3 of the song that is supposedly "messed up?" I'd like to hear it.

If no mp3 or link...can someone pinpoint which show it was from?

Originally posted by baker6621:
I read that it was because of a comment Bono made about POPMART, if I remember he supposedly said "This is for the ones who missed Popmart", sarcastically and Edge got very pissed. I've read this twice at least. But I still think its about fucking up the song.

I see someone visits atu2.com. This Gone thing is basically a running joke from their very amusing "Answer Guy." This week he said Bono screamed "Dutch!" at the beginning of Gone (instead of Hutch), and that offended Edge's deep-rooted Dutch background (heehee), causing him to throw the guitar in disgust. I love that guy....

And don't feel bad, you're not the first to buy it, hehe. A friend of mine was asking me "why would Bono say such bad things about PopMart?" Gave me a good laugh...
wink.gif

Just another version: In a list I read that Edge didn't have (or lost?) a plectrum and wanted to end the song earlier because his fingers were hurting.

annalivia

------------------
"I'm a singer. You know what a singer is? Someone with a hole in his heart as big as his ego.
When you need 20,000 people screaming your name in order to feel good about your day,
you know you're a singer."

(Bono's Harvard address, June 2001)

Back
Top Bottom