Can someone please explain the "Please" video to me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dano

The Fly
Its been a long time since I've seen it but I remember shots of Bono's face while he was singing and also seeing a guy begging with a sign that said please and that some people were on their knees while others weren't. I'm gonna go try and download the video now...but please explain...

My favorite part of that video is when they cut to the band out of no where.....the whole video is bono singing with the sky behind him with all different kinds of people. The single version of this song is great! :yes:

I might be wrong dano...but as far as we know Please is another song inspired by Ireland and its people. I can think of 2 interpretations related to their country and consequently to the issue of the Irish Troubles.

First would be that people there are on their knees, feeling the heavy burden of hatre and war among brothers and sisters. They are beggin, please, no more.

Second, they need to stop being so sectarian, they should overcome their pride and get on their knees for peace and justice.

Well, at least it?s the way I see the video of one of my all time fave U2 songs.

Back
Top Bottom