Can anyone tell me about the Live Aid (1985) DVD with U2's performance of 'Bad'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Please forgive me if this has been discussed to death already, but I have been too busy to check this site the last few months. I know the performance of 'Bad' is supposed to be legendary...I just wish it didn't come with so many other performances! Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the DVD, and of course the quality of the footage and sound of U2's performance of 'Bad'? Is the DVD worth the $60? Much appreciated, thanks! :)

Michael Griffiths said:
Please forgive me if this has been discussed to death already, but I have been too busy to check this site the last few months. I know the performance of 'Bad' is supposed to be legendary...I just wish it didn't come with so many other performances! Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the DVD, and of course the quality of the footage and sound of U2's performance of 'Bad'? Is the DVD worth the $60? Much appreciated, thanks! :)

Got it for Christmas a couple years ago.

It's fine quality and does the performance justice. The other performances on the DVD are great too, so I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks for the comments guys... and David, the quality on youtube isn't quite up to standard, but thanks! I should just buy the DVD, I'm thinking. Just not sure if I have the stomach for all the crap music from the 1980s all on one set, haha

its a good dvd boxset, buy it, its worth it and its for charity,

only problem i find is i think the drum sound for U2 is too weak, doesnt give the right feel when you watch it, if you watched the bootleg tv broadcast version, the very heavy drum sound gives you goosebumps!

Oh, c'mon, crap music from the '80s. :mad:

:wink:

I love the Live Aid collection except for many of the Philly performances. Don't forget Queen rocked the hell out of Wembley too.

yeter said:

I thought Queen's preformance was the best.

It really was.

Their performance was the best overall, but Bad was just a spectacle, pure and simple.

I personally have no interest to buy the whole dvd set. If you're interested in it for the other bands' performances as well, then I'd say go for it. If not, the U2 set from that day has been shared online for a while and could probably be pretty easily obtained. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom