Calling Melbourne Interferencers ------>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
Hi,

It seems now that Melbourne is where I could end up for the next 2 years.I have all the possible information of the City and Monash (Caulfield) available on the world wide web 1 and 2.But it would be great if I can get some first hand information from the residents or 'former residents' of the city.Hoping to hear from you very soon.

Cheers!

ishan.p@sify.com

Hi ishkash!
I'm not from Melbourne but just wanted to say hello.
smile.gif

Hi Nicamom,

The last 7 months have been so unsetlling, that I was just wondering I should go in for the Guiness Records,either for non stop listening to one record or travelling the maximum distances in a month.

Anyways....nice to catch up.Hope you're having a nice time.Very soon life's gonna take another left turn,perhaps the biggest turn.I'm looking forward to it.Hopefully I'd be able to catch that band....its long overdue.

Wishes to you and your loved ones.

-ish

I've been to Melbourne and tons of my friends are there. Malbourne is the art capital of Australia, apparently, if it's not Adelaide. They have heaps of art galleries and second-hand bookstores and curiosity shops. The transport system is pretty okay, except for the ultra-slow trams. It's expensive, too, as the transport system is according to stages eg. if you travel within only one "stage"/area (the city centre) it's cheaper than travelling between stages. Parking in melbourne city is difficult. It's better to get a car, though; I found that many times point A seemed far from point B since the busy areas in Melbourne are spread out. Food is about $6 a meal, if I'm not wrong. Malbourne folks are generally friendly and helpful. Melbourne city is near the Dandenong Ranges - it's beautiful. Also, there is St Kilda's beach nearby, lots of people cycle/blade aroudn there. They also walk their dogs which is eye candy for me.

foray

Thanks 4a,

Though initially transportation wont be a problem.Monash people will take me to all the major points of the city as a part of their orientation week.But after that,hopefully I'll be settling somewhere near the campus.If food is 6AUD's then I better leave my pressure coocker behind.Its cheaper than New Delhi then.

you'll love it down there ishkash....

then, in a few years, you'll move to brisbane like everyone else in melbourne does.
wink.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

ISHKASH!!!!

melbourne comin at ya viathe northern hemisphere!! You are more than welcome to my town, and you'll love it. My sister went to monash and works at the bookstore there, and caulfield is readily accessible to the city centre via the met (trains) or trams.

Good luck

I lived in Melbourne for 31 years (about 5 mins from Caulfield - East Bentleigh).

If no-one currently living there can help you, email me if you want.

rufusyoungblood@netscape.net

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

hey bonoman the vics are comin back home.
ishkash if you want to play sport you should have no trouble either - join up a local cricket team or somethin, then you can whip brettig into shape.
By the way, don't discount inflation in Australia over the past couple of years, although it is still relatively cheap i guess by western standards.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
ishkash if you want to play sport you should have no trouble either - join up a local cricket team or somethin, then you can whip brettig into shape.

LMOFROTF.
Yeah I have told Monash Student Sevice that I'd like to join "Monash Gryphons".You can take an Indian out of India, but you can't take cricket out of an Indian.Ironically, India is not my fave team, its the guys in gold.Thye just whipped past Proteas.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
By the way, don't discount inflation in Australia over the past couple of years, although it is still relatively cheap i guess by western standards.

Yeah still its very cheap for me as compared to US/Europe.Right now it would cost me just the same as New Delhi.

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 01-22-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom