Calling All Old Zootopians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
back when i used to frequent the old Zootopia, and by that i mean that good one, and my name was Macphistojr., i met alot of great people, and consequently lost touch, when Zootopia was redone, and most of us stopped visiting there, including myself after a while. Not too long ago i found this nifty place, and so here we are. So my quest here is to find some old familiar faces, and maybe rekindle that old Zootopian charm? So now, I am calling you, all Zootopians from before, specifically from like 3 years ago, post here! maybe I'll recognize some of you :bono:

I didn't post on the old Zootopia, but I remember this really cool site, U2 in Ireland, that had a chatroom. I think that was around 1998. Great people, but I lost touch. :|

Oooooh, finally!!!! Im always going on and on about the
OLD zootopia that rocked!
It´s so bad they changed it:coocoo:
I dont remember you(sorry!), but i must say there were
a lot of brilliant people there

My favourites:

BIP(BrattyIrishPunk)
DreamChaser(i found her here on interference.com!)
Lemon Grrrrrl
MiniBono(he/she was writing As The Lemon Turns,
a soap opera :lol: about Larry, Adam, Bono
and Edge, am i really the only one who remembers that!?)

I was harmy, btw!

Yeah I was at the Zoo for a while and I had a wicked time with some users there. But unfortunately, after about a year I quietly walked away as it got really bad..

Hey hello there macphisto! Hope you can remember me...dougal55! I may have chatted with ya a couple of times. yeah its a pity that I have lost touch with most of them but still chatted with people like Julli, Trudy, MaryfromNY, AngelaSnowflake from time to time but Im just so busy these days, I just never have the time to chat to everyone...

So it would be great if old Zootopians could come here and say hi and reminisce about those good old days in the Zoo! Ah bliss! :D

However I dont miss the Zoo that much as I enjoy coming to this forum so much more than I did in the Zoo's early days before its demise! Why? The interferencers here are the best U2 fans on the planet imho! Well done to Elvis and Co!

dougal55

I used to go to the OLD Zoo. But since the power of the ZOO been handed over to the new boss, I was deeply disappointed by the move, and now the NEW ZOO has become a pile of utter puke.

"Interference" is my new home now. U2 fans in this site are more knowledgable and respected here, and I like that.

dougal55 said:
Yeah

yeah its a pity that I have lost touch with most of them but still chatted with people like Julli, Trudy, MaryfromNY, AngelaSnowflake dougal55

How sad you don't remember me....oh wait I have my new skin on...my old skin was Blondie......

Hey Blondie!

how you doing?!?!?!? I apologise most profusely :slant: for forgetting you! Its been yonks since I went to the Zoo hence my loss of memory of your name!

Anyway Im doing ok, just getting ready for my big trip to Oz in Dec for one month! Yeah there is a guy here I met once in Dublin (and his username is Bonoman) who comes from Oz so Id love to hear from him! If you can somehow reach him, tell him to give me a holler!

Apart from that, Im gearing up for a superb 2005 when U2 finally goes on the road! YAHAAAAAAAAA! :D

dougal

I was an old zootopian toward the end,
my username was LastofTheRockStars
(want to change my username to that here. can I do that? When I first joined, I didnt think I would use the forum that much so my username is my Last Name abbreviated. How orginial.)

Hey Mac!

I miss people from the old Zoo. :( Such as:

bonoifyou'reonlinetalktomenowplease (LMAO, Beggar!)
sweetthesin
MaryfromNY
Julli
icatz
Trudy
theedge...(argh, can't remember which numbers were at the end of his name!)
a whole lot of other people whose names I've forgotten

And, of course, I also miss all those mysterious guests from the chat room. :wink:

People I've found since I've been at Interference:

YOU! (obviously, heh)
Anal
dsmith2904
BrattyIrishPunk (found her more through LiveJournal though)

The old Zoo was great! The new Zoo doesn't even deserve to be called Zootopia. :madspit: At least we've got such a great substitute for it - Interference!

Last edited:
you are right the new zoo is crap!!! the mods havent got a clue , there is peeps getting banned all the time for nothing.

i used to moderate the ZOOBAR in the zootopians folder , it was a good laugh then.

hopefully when u2.com gets a revamp we will have a new better looking official forum.

they should change the name from zootopa to A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO!!!!

manwiththespinninhead said:
you are right the new zoo is crap!!! the mods havent got a clue , there is peeps getting banned all the time for nothing.

i used to moderate the ZOOBAR in the zootopians folder , it was a good laugh then.

hopefully when u2.com gets a revamp we will have a new better looking official forum.

they should change the name from zootopa to A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO!!!!

Ha, Spinner, I remember seeing you around that the Zoo Bar! I stuck mostly to the chat room though...and the Fan Fiction folder. Some of the stories in there were hilarious!

Well, i certainly remember a few of you, dougal55, gibby of course, and most of the people you two mentioned. God, i miss the old Zoo chat so much.

I was there too until it all got really nasty in GD. Oh I miss the live messages, I got to chat to all sorts of people all round the world.

hey GibsonGirl!

I remember you as we spoke at the Zoo a few times! In particular your conversation about your guitar too!

god Im trying to remember that guy from Liverpool who as mad as a hatter on the zoo...what was his username? Its at the tip of my tongue but i think it begins with W....any ideas? I miss that guy! he was freaking hilarious on the zoo!

dougal

I was a devoted member of Zootopia from almost the very beginning until... whenever it was that I stopped. My name was HolyJoe.

:wave: I was a faithful visitor to the old Zoo... some of your names look familiar! But I stopped going there when they changed Zootopia... they turned it into a crap forum. :( Which is a shame really, cuz I met A LOT of great people there (dsmith! flaming june!) and that was my first experience at a U2 forum, so it was sad to see it go down the tubes as it did. :sigh:

Anyhoo, I was 'erised' there and I'm still 'erised' here. :D

manwiththespinninhead said:

Hey there! :wave: Don't know if you remember me, but me and my friend had a pint with you and some other zootops (attitudette/Hanne... I've lost touch with her :( ) in dooblin! I have the pic to prove it. :sexywink:

Good to see you in here! :)

dougal55 said:
hey GibsonGirl!

I remember you as we spoke at the Zoo a few times! In particular your conversation about your guitar too!

god Im trying to remember that guy from Liverpool who as mad as a hatter on the zoo...what was his username? Its at the tip of my tongue but i think it begins with W....any ideas? I miss that guy! he was freaking hilarious on the zoo!

dougal

I remember you too! I think we used to chat on yahoo, if I remember correctly. :wink:

Oh, I forgot someone else: the ever-silent :greg!

They were! Had i known that all of it was to be taken down, i would have saved a lot of stuff!!!
But i was young and foolish, i thought it would last forever...:sad:

Oh, I was a member of the old zoo from the beginning, was until the bitter end when Tiscali took over and made it into crap. I recognize all of the names mentioned thus far.

namkcuR = Jras/J.

I am J from the old zoo.

I could list you a comprehensive list of the regulars from the old zoo, but I'll only do that if it's requested. There are plenty that haven't been listed here yet.

Edited to say: nevermind, I'll just list them right now..

LCK
Digitallove
OTF
Green Eyes
nur der regan Weint am Grab
Cinnamon Swirl
Webedia
MissLindsay
MLD(the mad lunatic who could never take anything seriously)
Jonesy13
LadyOfHarley
Lady With The Spinning Head
The Minx
Melbourne_Mermaid
MaryFromNY
Jrasruck2(me)
Mutlee
CheekyMonkey
Vixenchick
Guitar13
Julli
Douge
Man With The Spinning Head

others...and many of them are still active on other forums.

Last edited:
I'm from the old zoo :wave:...although i forget my name i believe it was angel something...that place lost my username so many times i kept have to reinvent my name..lol anyways alot of the names are familiar to me too... so hi everyone!
I hope to post here more often now :)

Oh webieda, I remember him, he ruffled some feathers, he managed to get a post with well over 2000 replies, mostly from people arguing with him, it was madness.

I think it had the record for the number of replies, though it was hard to follow after a certain number.

I was, and still am HmeTmeKmeKme from the old zoo, and new zoo.

I hope they fix Zootopia, I don't want to sound like the "new vs. old coca cola" but the old version was better, and it worked.

This place is cool, but I knew more people over at zootopia, especially with the Adam folder people, spoonpeople, Adam's Angels/Poptarts/Anarchists, APA's, it was good craic.

*pronounced "crack" Irish slang meaning fun, good times.*

General discussion was a distaster, but the individual band member folders were fine.

thrillme said:

General discussion was a distaster, but the individual band member folders were fine.

GD scared the living daylights out of me. I avoided it as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom