Bwahahaha!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
Please take note of the highlighted line in the start of this interview with David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. You can read the whole interview at http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=715 if you so desire. I still can't believe they're going to tour together. They always said they hated each other. But anyway, the quote is funny.

David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar Officially Announce Co-Headlining Tour

By Sefany Jones, Assistant Editor
Wednesday, April 17, 2002 @ 1:36 AM

Tuesday afternoon, at a press conference at the open-air Skybar in West Hollywood, California, it was confirmed that two legendary singers have two things in common: they both fronted Van Halen once upon a time, and they now will now both share the same stage this summer, in a major co-headlining tour.

The very charming ?Diamond? David Lee Roth (flanked by yellow, sparkly cat-women and a few midgets) and the subtler Sammy ?The Red Rocker? Hagar sat down at the press conference in front of a score of cameras and microphones, to officially seal the deal: they WILL co-headline a summer tour together, with their respective bands.

The two vocalists swapped trademark smiles and amiable banter, as they were both obviously excited about their big announcement. If their camaraderie on stage there was any indication of the tour forthcoming, then it will definitely be a summer event not to be missed!

KNAC.COM was on hand to witness this momentous occasion. Although there doesn't seem to be an official tour name just yet, it is mockingly being dubbed the "Sans Halen" tour. Here is a transcription of the conference, followed by the tour dates that have been confirmed so far:

DAVE: Sam, did you ever think you?d be here?

SAMMY: Yes.

DAVE: Actually, Bono called me and said we had to do this for world peace.

SAMMY: First of all, I think about? 5 years ago, when the Van Halen part with me ended, first thing I did was try to contact Dave,
and he shot me down, but when he came back, these last few months ago, I think it?s a great idea.

DAVE: Yes, Sam, you did have the idea first, but the timing was wrong, and now the timing is RIGHT! You know you all love a good scandal, and that?s why you?re here today, ladies and gentlemen! Actually, this is about the second time and such, Sam and I have met, and we?re looking forward to a spectacular tour, something that is a little, uh, a little bit bigger than even just music.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Wow-look at David Lee now...

1018992118.3758211138.jpg

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Wow-look at David Lee now...

1018992118.3758211138.jpg

my teenage dreams have been shattered
frown.gif
you don't even want to know how many posters of this dude I had on my walls and now look at him...ugh

but I do think its kinda funny that he's touring with Sammy...I bet Eddie VH is fit to be tied
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-18-2002).]

Dave,
Perhaps a new hairdo would be in order.
Yikes!

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

You girls can slam David all you want, but he's still got more cash and more passion for life than anyone in this chatroom.

However, a new head is a necessity)
frown.gif

Originally posted by Danospano:
You girls can slam David all you want, but he's still got more cash and more passion for life than anyone in this chatroom.

However, a new head is a necessity)
frown.gif

My slamming of Diamond Dave was strictly superficial and looks related, which I know is not nice. I am a HUGE Van Halen/DLR fan going all the way back to 1978. I stopped listening to Van Halen when he left so I don't dispute his charisma and lust for life. He was Van Halen in my opinion and they sucked after he was gone.

I just don't think he's aged well, that's all. It makes me kind of sad when I remember how beautiful he used to be in the 70's and early 80's. I think he will still be able get on stage and kick ass just like the old days. Well, maybe he won't be kicking quite as high this time around.

And of course he would have more cash than any of us, we've never been rock stars
biggrin.gif

I give Dave and Van Halen credit for what they did in the late 70's and early 80's, but Dave turned into an egomaniac arsehole, and was ruining Van Halens image. I am glad they kicked him out, and in 96 when he joined them again it's sad that he instantly turned into an arsehole and started treating Eddie bad and totally hogged the limelight at the 96 MTV VMA's.

I think he's just an old man who still thinks he's in his 20's and can rock and roll all night and party everyday.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom