Buying a U2 iPod...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockStar666

Babyface
Although I avoided the $350 hole-burner when it first came out [mainly due to the fact that I just bought something really nice for my girlfriend for X-Mas], I'm starting to itch for a U2 iPod.

The average price I'm seeing it for is anywhere between $330 - 350. My question is this: for a poor college graduate not making much money like myself, where can I find it any cheaper?

Thanx for any help with this. :)

Try eBay. You might find a used one - and keep in mind that since the U2-themed iPod just came out, any used one isn't really much more than a few months old. Chances are either someone received two as a gift, they upgraded or they need the $$. Regardless of the reason for selling, I am seeing used ones on eBay for less than the original price.

You might find a new one on eBay for less that the average purchase price too - if your auction goes well. However, I doubt you'd save a fortune, but perhaps an additional $10-20.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ask a friend in Asia where ur currency is stronger, plus if they can get an education discount, even better. Even better would be if that person is a teacher, the education discount for teachers may be better than for a student.

That way, u might save a at least 10% to 15%...

You know what? before I was saying that buying an iPod is impractical, but when I knew that was a U2 iPod, I suddenly had the interest in buying! LOL

Now I'm begging my mom to buy one. Here in the Philippines it's very expensive, almost $200 more! So she asked my aunt who lives in California to buy one for me, unfortunately my aunt doesnt know what an iPod is LOL she said she'll look for it and ask her son. Are U2 ipods not yet out of stock? Are they still selling them?I'm a bit worried coz it's limited, if it's not a U2 iPod, never mind

elisa519_U2adik said:
You know what? before I was saying that buying an iPod is impractical, but when I knew that was a U2 iPod, I suddenly had the interest in buying! LOL

Now I'm begging my mom to buy one. Here in the Philippines it's very expensive, almost $200 more! So she asked my aunt who lives in California to buy one for me, unfortunately my aunt doesnt know what an iPod is LOL she said she'll look for it and ask her son. Are U2 ipods not yet out of stock? Are they still selling them?I'm a bit worried coz it's limited, if it's not a U2 iPod, never mind

Kumusta ka bai? Send me a private email atyclb4ever@yahoo.com ---maybe I can help you with your U2 collection or we can trade. I'm also Pinoy.

Cheers,

J

I'm in California (way north) and no stores carried it around here so I ordered it from the Apple website for $349, couldn't anyone from anywhere order it from them for that price? Also I caved and shelled out for the U2 edition because I figured that $349 plus the complete collection $149 minus the $50 coupon = $449, or the regular Ipod $299 plus the complete collection $149 = $449. So why not get the one that was U2? The way I see it the only place I did pay alittle more was in the sales tax. By the way I am a teacher and the Apple education discount is only for computers...bummer.:sad:

You could get one of the new Photo Ipods for $349. Whatever you do be sure to buy it from Apple, as you get a student discount.

I wonder what the fate of the U2 ipod is? Here an excerpt from an article posted on the Apple Insider from 2/21:

Feb 21 - 7:25 pm EST Following a slew of reports which indicate that changes are on the way to Apple's iPod product line, multiple sources say Apple has requested some dealers return their stock of iPod photo players (both 40GB and 60GB) to the company's supply depots. No further instructions were provided to the dealers. Apple also made the same request in regards to the U2 iPod Special Edition.

http://www.appleinsider.com/news.php?id=899

faithingrace said:
I'm in California (way north) and no stores carried it around here so I ordered it from the Apple website for $349, couldn't anyone from anywhere order it from them for that price? Also I caved and shelled out for the U2 edition because I figured that $349 plus the complete collection $149 minus the $50 coupon = $449, or the regular Ipod $299 plus the complete collection $149 = $449. So why not get the one that was U2? The way I see it the only place I did pay alittle more was in the sales tax. By the way I am a teacher and the Apple education discount is only for computers...bummer.:sad:

Uh no, I used the education discount when I bought my U2 Ipod from Apple.com.

Maybe because you put down you were a teacher??? Who knows I said I was a student!

glenn said:
Is there any difference between a U2 Ipod and a regular one? Other than the colors?
nope, no difference at all. oh, and the U2 ipod may scratch easily, but i think all ipods scratch easily. i've got a 2nd gen and the back is all scratched up. i finally got a see-through cover for it, but the damage was done.

if you still have your student ID, find an apple store, either location or online, and go for the student dicsount...

explorer said:
if you still have your student ID, find an apple store, either location or online, and go for the student dicsount...

They didn't even ask for the student ID when I did it.

All they asked for was the school!!?

suprised that they don't do more checkup on it.

My friend ordered a mini last year after she was out of school and still got the discount.

Back
Top Bottom