Budweiser commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acrobatphoto

Babyface
9:15 US EST on abc's monday night football there was a Budweiser commercial The lyrics were all about Bud but the melody and guitar part was EXACTLY, EXACTLY like One Tree Hill. I mean, down to the yelps and breathes of Bono...very strange and made me never want to drink Bud again for stealing that melody. anyone else see this???

if you go to budwesier.com, and click on watch anthem now, it will let you watch the commercial

i have to say, i have to say its a bit of a stretch to call it EXACTLY the same as one tree hill.

Chizip said:
if you go to budwesier.com, and click on watch anthem now, it will let you watch the commercial

i have to say, i have to say its a bit of a stretch to call it EXACTLY the same as one tree hill.

acrobatphoto said it was "EXACTLY, EXACTLY *like* One Tree Hill"

:tsk: Chizip :tsk:, :tsk: Chizip :tsk:

:wink:

I'm hearing it, but...

Let's look at it this way,
1. U2 pay hommager to music of the USA by making JT (&R&H)

2. Bud needs anthem to manifest the spirit of the USA

JT (OTH) -> bud music...

they may have even tried getting the real thing, or tried a cover , so when all else fails they commission some country studio hack to do a take on it.

Reminds me of Van Halen's "right here, right now" being used for a Nissan commercial, Eddy van Halen said, they asked them for permission to use their song, VH said what happens if we don't let you use our version? we'll use a cover...

So the real VH song ended up in the commercial and Eddy and Alex' mom (mrs. Van Halen) got a new 300ZX.

Strange but true: after watching the video I switched my mp3 player back on SRV was still playing, but the next song that came up was...

One Tree Hill

no kidding

the arrangement/orchestration on the bud commerical is sooo bland compared to the real thing, but I'm sure they tried to rip-off U2.

up next "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
just the thing I needed...:wink:

acrobatphoto said:
9:15 US EST on abc's monday night football there was a Budweiser commercial The lyrics were all about Bud but the melody and guitar part was EXACTLY, EXACTLY like One Tree Hill. I mean, down to the yelps and breathes of Bono...very strange and made me never want to drink Bud again for stealing that melody. anyone else see this???

All last year there was this Chevy commercial with background music that sounded just like the Streets intro. IMO, these companies 'steal' the basic sound of a song they want to use but cannot buy because the artist will not sell it. U2 had been approached by a car company wanting to use Streets, and they refused, saying the song was too special. Then they knocked off a cheap ripoff of it. I'd say they did that again with this beer commercial. Moby said in an interview a couple years ago that this will happen, you might as well sell your song or they will make an imitation of it anyway and then you won't get the money, and everyone will think you sold out anyway when they hear the copy song, so you might as well take the money and give it to a worthy charity, as he did.

I wasn't doing crack cocaine, just strong caffeine. If you don't hear the rip-off, get your ears cleansed.

:huh:

im sure a beer company thought, hmm, what song would make a great beer commercial, how abooooout, one tree hill!!!

i really think you guys are reading into this too much.

Back
Top Bottom