Bruce Springsteen will induct U2 into Hall of fame!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From atu2.com:

February 23, 2005
posted by: m2
The Associated Press reports that Bruce Springsteen will induct U2 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month, returning the favor from 1999 when Bono delivered the Boss's induction speech. The ceremony will take place March 14 in New York, and a highlights show will be televised March 19 on VH1. The entire induction ceremony will be shown as it happens via satellite at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland. Tickets for that event are $10, and are available now.

:up: Good choice.

I always though U2 were more of a fan of Springsteen than Springsteen a fan of U2.

Good choice couldnt have thought of somebody better and more qualified to induct them.

I think I even saw a picture somewhere when Bruce is meeting the band.

bonobruce01.jpg

bonobruce02.jpg

On U2 Show there is a story about how Bruce was asked by a promoter or his record company (not sure there) to stop by a U2 show in Dublin (I think) way back in the day to check them out and report... Not sure if these are the pics from this first meeting

Yahweh said:
Bruce looks like the guy from AC/DC with that hat there lol

LOL!!!!!:laugh:

Bruce: Hey young dude I got a new song.

Bono: Oh yeah, whats it called and how does it go.

Bruce: BACK IN BLACK!!!!
I hit the sack
I been too long
I'm glad to be back

i think this sucks...it just reeks of ol' boys doing ol' boys a favor. why not a newer artist?
plus, and i know i'll get shit for this, bruce is a terrible artist - if one can even claim he is.

I think it is nice to see an older artist doing the induction somebody we know for sure that is hall of fame worthy. I thought Stipe wouldnt do it because hes not particularly a crowds person thats why REM doesnt tour very much and I dont think he would give a very good speech. Bruce Springsteen absolutly knows how to work a crowd and thats why I think this is a great choice to induct U2.

blueyedpoet said:
i think this sucks...it just reeks of ol' boys doing ol' boys a favor. why not a newer artist?
plus, and i know i'll get shit for this, bruce is a terrible artist - if one can even claim he is.

There is actually no young artist out there that I would like to see induct U2. Maybe Tom Morello but then him inducting U2 wouldn't be that big of a deal. Chris Martin and company? No way. Martin seems to be a terrible speaker/ gives bad speeches.

Bruce only inducts artists he genuinly admires. Also not seen it posted here but Bono inducted Bruce into the hall of fame.

Springsteen's not a bad choice. I also would've preferred sombody younger as sort of a representative of U2's influence, but the fact is there just isn't anybody charismatic enough from the younger generation to deserve the honor. I always thought the Gallagher boys from Oasis should get the nod, but they're just too nuts to rely on and since there career fizzed nobody in America probably would know who they were anyway. They lost their profile and U2 deserves a high profile artist to induct them. It's a bummer though, because Noel in particular really understands U2's greatness I think and Liam understands how to get tanked and U2 understands the pleasures of the thick water too, so maybe we could've seen another tongue job to liven things up.

Back
Top Bottom