Brooklyn show on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they need to add a little bit more crowd noise, the performance sounds so much more energetic when you can hear everyone singing "hello! hello!"

i hope the concerts that they sell are mixed better

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to listen to the whole thing. Wow. The quality is superb and the performance full of energy.

I really wish COBL was included. The slide guitar intro was a highlight from what I can hear from the clips. It just sounded more emotional with it.

Bono hits the siiiiing part better and better each time he sings it live. It's only going to improve, I reckon. It's funny, he did forget his line though after the hey now part. :) It's like he really got caught in the moment.

I'm also glad they're able to include covered songs within the live performances - in this case, No Regrets after SYCMIOYO.

Overall, I am loving being a U2 fan! :wink:

One problem with complete shows on iTunes...covers may not be able to be officially released. For example, the Boston DVD didn't include "People Get Ready" and Under a Blood Red Sky has the "Send In The Clowns" snippet edited out of "Electiric Co." Maybe they could get the OK on some of them (like "Gloria" after "Exit" in Rattle & Hum). Guess we'll see...

CTU2fan said:
One problem with complete shows on iTunes...covers may not be able to be officially released. For example, the Boston DVD didn't include "People Get Ready" and Under a Blood Red Sky has the "Send In The Clowns" snippet edited out of "Electiric Co." Maybe they could get the OK on some of them (like "Gloria" after "Exit" in Rattle & Hum). Guess we'll see...

I just mentioned above that the SYCMIOYO from Brooklyn had No Regrets at the end. It's a Midge Ure cover. So, hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

How great is this!! Its going to be expensive for me but this is what i've wanted for years. Good quality live tunes where the band doesnt get ripped off!
:applaud: :applaud:

It is now up to #1 :wink:

And in looking at their list

HTDAAB is the #1 album download for 2004

Vertigo is the #5 single for 2004, and with 21 days left and Vertigo still in the top 10, it could move up.

:applaud:

Well, maybe...

theedge111 said:
How great is this!! Its going to be expensive for me but this is what i've wanted for years. Good quality live tunes where the band doesnt get ripped off!
:applaud: :applaud:

Well, doesn't get ripped off by the people with some moral fiber. I'm quite certain there are those on here who will find a way to get as much of the band's stuff at no charge, and justify it somehow with the flimsiest of excuses (which apparently lets them sleep at night...) After the feeding frenzy of the box set rarities, not much surprises me at this point as far as what people will do because they're SUCH big fans! With fans like those... etc

But, yes, for the rest of us who will be footing the bill for others' thievery, these are exciting times. And I hope they consider some sort of a live retroscpective series. I'd rather have these shows via iTunes than most of the crap that's out on the web from the amatuers.

Re: Well, maybe...

jmelrose said:
I'd rather have these shows via iTunes than most of the crap that's out on the web from the amatuers.

But, but.... iTunes only offers lossy at the moment so that's crap too. And who wouldn't want to get rid of ALL of the crap out there on the web and just get the good stuff. That is, WTF are you trying to say!!! Crap is crap!

Wake up! Wake up .............

who cares if its lossy? Just be thankful for some quality. Besides Popmart Mexico, and Point Depot, every other boot I've heard sound like it was recordered inside a sardine can. So it doesn't matter if its lossy of not.

Re: Re: Well, maybe...

trabantland said:

But, but.... iTunes only offers lossy at the moment so that's crap too. And who wouldn't want to get rid of ALL of the crap out there on the web and just get the good stuff. That is, WTF are you trying to say!!! Crap is crap!

Wake up! Wake up .............

I'd be willing to bet >90% of people couldn't distinguish the difference between a 128kbps mp3 and a .wav non-lossy CD under normal listening circumstances (ipod, dell jukebox, car stereo, pc, std home audio, etc).

I have the itunes broadway mp3's, and they sound a whole lot better on my listening equipment and under my typical listening circumstances than just about every non 1st generation soundboard audience taped boot I have (and I have a LOT), or heard, (I've heard even more)

Say what you want about lossy, but I'd rather listen to pro-mastered live recording in lossy than a boot taped from within the audience in the vast, vast majority of cases. Anyone who enjoys listening to a show, and a permenant record of the crowd commentary around the taper, over the actual MUSIC is nuts. That is WTF I am saying. Lossy isn't great, it isn't perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than the bootleg listening experience, and since the number of people who listen to a live concert with reference-quality headphones in a silent room is pretty low, I guess no one's going to be completely happy. I, however, will be satisfied (and i'm sure if they're mastering all these recordings a CD version can't be too far behind.)
Since most people listen to this stuff in their cars or iPod headphones on a bus, bike, while jogging, or in public, they're going to have a pretty hard time discerning between 128AAC and a lossless. There IS a difference, no doubt, but given the circumstances most people listen to live shows under, it's less likely to be audible.

See the BNL Live website as a great way to distrubute live music: MP3 for $14/show, FLACs for $15/show, and CDs for $20/show. Perfect. Until then, I'll take iTunes. Amatuer tape recording next to drunk asshole... I'll pass, thanks. No matter how well Bono hits his high notes, the beer man walking by can strip all the majesty away with 1 syllable: "Beer!"

I got this myself, fabulous.

Concerning the "lossy" conversation, two things if I may. Firstly, I believe these files are ripped straight from the masters, not from CD's, which is probably why these sound much better than the same types of files we rip from our CD's. Secondly, depending on the gear you're using to listen to the music, the iTunes files sound very, very good. Granted, not "CD quality", but not off by very far, that's for sure. I mean, I alternate from the iPod straight into a pair of Prophonic 2XS, and at times I'll throw a portable amp into the mix. Not everyday or average gear, I understand that, but the itunes files sound pretty, pretty good (not up to the standards of lossless, but not that far off).

Back
Top Bottom