Brooklyn show on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Will be buying for sure. Late for work, my itunes account is not set up yet :(

ramblin rose said:
Yep, I bought them. If we expect them to release more, demand has to be demonstrated.

i agree...i'm just waiting for this to become available in the Italian store (only north american fans seem to be blessed with this opportunity so far)

man it's awesome!!! hope you guys all get it soon and it would be amazing if they release the rest of the songs too. :drool: :drool: :drool:

i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they release the entire show... from vertigo to vertigo... on iTunes... out of control & city of blinding lights were simply amazing. the whole day was the greatest experience of my life thus far... if i could get the entire recording in high quality? :hyper: :faint: :combust:

oh... and that vertigo is deffinetly the second performance. the "this one's for us" gives it away.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this...

On the one hand, I'm *very* excited that they released live tracks via iTunes. This looks good for the upcoming tour.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that it wasn't the entire show. This looks BAD for the future -- it would be very disappointing if they only released the tracks they felt were "very good" or better from each show. We want the whole show -- we know every show isn't going to be absolutely perfect.

Part of me says great, part says this sucks. Like the fact that they are releasing stuff, yet not complete, and lossy sucks.

Other bands do lossless downloads (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Pixies) and I have no issue paying for full quality stuff. That said, Pixies did a few of their recent shows ONLY in mp3, and since one was the show I went to, I paid the $11.99 for the complete show (even since I recorded it, I figured paying would help support the band) but I don't like that it is lossless.

Wow, I didn't know this was available until I came to Interference! I'm listening to ABOY now, and it sounds fantastic!!!!
I agree with Headache and the other posters re: COBL. That was THE song of the night for me, because of the backdrop of the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges and the Manhattan skyline, all lit up. It was the most beautiful setting for a concert I've attended, ever, in my lifetime. And that song will forever remind me of that glorious day, always.

I can't speak for other countries, but I think that for Apple users in countries with iTunes, concert downloads will be a very good thing. And no more waiting for the U2 bootleg you traded for to arrive.

I'm with you on this Chris...

Chrisedge said:
Part of me says great, part says this sucks. Like the fact that they are releasing stuff, yet not complete, and lossy sucks.

Other bands do lossless downloads (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Pixies) and I have no issue paying for full quality stuff. That said, Pixies did a few of their recent shows ONLY in mp3, and since one was the show I went to, I paid the $11.99 for the complete show (even since I recorded it, I figured paying would help support the band) but I don't like that it is lossless.

I have pretty serious issues with anybody selling lossy recordings...put 'em out on cd, make downloads available in FLAC, whatever...and I know the sound quality on these is very good compared to the average mp3. Hey, for those who like lossy stuff go for it, I won't really be bitching until they start interfering with trading...

Live from Under the Brooklyn Bridge has taken the #7 slot on the top album downloads on iTunes, directly above The Complete U2. Pretty good :)

Thanks Gorman! Went and checked on that, and what do you know! Three U2 albums on the Top 10 at iTunes! Nice!

1. HTDAAB
7. Live From Under The Brooklyn Bridge
8. The Complete U2

:happy:

And I have yet to buy mine! :wink:

Last edited:
iBrooklyn.jpg

The more demand for this the better the chances of future concerts available
Which I believe has already been stated but needs repeating

Will buy! Will buy! Will buy!

We must (those of us in itune countries) ensure that this is a success to ensure more live shows in the future.

Besides, $3.96 is nothing. $3.96 Canadian too! You can't even get the cheeseburger meal deal for that! :yes:

knox said:

Well, he doesn't hit the "fake it" in SYCMIOYO like he would have many years ago, but we can chalk it up to emotion, right? :wink:

There seems to be very little crowd noise in the iTunes tracks (based on previews). I live off of crowd noise on live tracks. Is it there, just not in the bits that are previewed, or what?

He's never really hit the fake iton any of his performances, except for the Radio 1 performance. He doesn't even hit it in the DVD excerpts.

ADecentMelody said:

He's never really hit the fake iton any of his performances, except for the Radio 1 performance. He doesn't even hit it in the DVD excerpts.

Maybe he will try to change the way he sings that bit during the tour....:eyebrow:

:wink:

Wheeee! And I STILL need to buy it! :| Might have to install the iPod software here at work too :eyebrow:

Any idea why all of the songs from the Brooklyn show weren't released by iTunes? Did the band think they weren't good enough?

Just bought it :reject: but I can't listen to it yet, I probably shouldn't blast it through this coffee shop. But they're playing a Clay Aiken Christmas album here so I dunno, it might be a public service? :scratch:

neutral said:
Just bought it :reject: but I can't listen to it yet, I probably shouldn't blast it through this coffee shop. But they're playing a Clay Aiken Christmas album here so I dunno, it might be a public service? :scratch:

It would be a public service :wink:
I still haven't been able to forgive Clay for singing WTSHNN

The Version of SYCMOYO - brilliant - then again so are the other three songs

Edited to add up to number 3!

Last edited:
Looks like it might be #3 now. The homepage says 3, if you click on the entire top 100 listing shows up at #4... but still, pretty impressive :wink:

Is there any chance they'd put their live shows on CDs like Pearl Jam did?

andyuk said:
why don't we have it on itunes UK!!!!!!

I am going to guess that you'll be getting your own "exclusive" live ep of a promo show that was done in the UK. Or, maybe it'll be up in the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom