Brooklyn show on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe yeah, the audio is too high a bitrate for non-boradband users.

I'm sure files will turn up :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to take the stream offline in about 15 minutes. I'll put it back online in about an hour or so :)

Gorman - I would greatly appreciate it if you would email me the four Brooklyn songs in their original i-tunes format. My country is not served by i-tunes yet and I would dearly love to have these tracks in their original form.

paul@expatlink.com

Thank you if this is possible.

Gorman - Thanks for the heads up - purchased and listening now
this is very promising for the upcoming tour (sorry am apple geek so this is wonderful for me)
SYCMOYO - just beautiful

I know a lot of people are worried about the future of bootlegs but I would rather pay the .99 cents on itunes for quality live recordings
that being said if the country you live doesn't have itunes I can see where you may want to hurt Apple:( . But if you look how fast apple is expanding itms it really should not be that long until itms is everywhere

thanks for posting! i can't beleive they are not avaialble on itunes UK

Axver said:

Record companies have been trying to crack down on bootlegging forever. They can't stop it.

We'll have free boots of every show, instead of this stupid Apple crap. Either make it available to every U2 fan with an Internet connection in lossless or let the bootleggers do it.

Yeah, cuz an audience recording in lossless sounds SO superior to a lossy-encoded pro soundboard mix... :coocoo:

You enjoy those shows, k? I'll take the ability to hear clear bass and crisp high-ends and an audience audible in balance with the music. Most of all, I'll enjoy not having some drunk guy in the crowd yell out between songs for <<insert favorite drunk guy song here>> during a ballad or whatever.

I just can't see how this "stupid Apple crap" could be attacked by any fan except those frustrated by not having access to the iTunes Music Store. To prefer a loseless boot's quality...? I've got a LOT of boots; I just don't get it. They're free, and that's about the only positive of them. The VAST majority are done by amatuers with amatuer equipment, and it shows through and through.

Last edited:
darn, City of Blinding Lights should be up there. The one minute video looked really good.

thanks staden!!!! are itunes selling any other tracks from this show? or is it just these 4?

andyuk said:
thanks staden!!!! are itunes selling any other tracks from this show? or is it just these 4?

I don't know what Itunes are selling as I live in australia and Itunes isn't set up here yet.

But gorman was streaming these before and I downloaded these files directly from his stream, then chopped it up into individual songs.

anyone here in the US with itunes? if yes can you find out whether they have the whole concert of brooklyn avaialble or just the 4 songs which have been posted!

gorman said:
Four tracks from the Brooklyn show have been posted on the iTunes Music Store! You can get the following for $3.96:

All Because of You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
I Will Follow
Vertigo

Awesome sound quality! You can find 'em here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/...m?playlistId=35792448&originStoreFront=143441

If nothing shows up, enable the shopping cart in your iTunes preferences, then click add to cart. From there, you can preview and buy each track.

This is the start of a very good thing...

Just those four songs
I would have bought the entire concert if it had been up for purchase:reject:
which doesn't bode well for me and my credit card come springtime

andyuk: I had the same thought... 4 songs + footage of ABOY clip making and commercials is approx. 30 min.

yep i reckon this is the safe bet! would of been great to see city of blinding lights! but we can't complain a live performance on MTV should be great!

It will only be a matter of time before the whole footage will surface on audio and video. Patience and trading are the keywords...

Back
Top Bottom