brits awardies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
How cool was in when............. ach fuk whats his name!!!!!' from The Sun......says somethings fecking wrong if U2 have not been nominated once and Hearsay (pah!) have been nominated twice..........so like, I tink the Brits are fixed, there were even raised eyebrows when ........ach FUK, the other blokes name!!!!
mad.gif
' was nominated for his album again!

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 01-15-2002).]

I was really shocked U2 didn't get any nominations too.

Maybe they're still embarassed about the year they tried to give U2 an award for outstanding contribution to British music or something...and after they announced it, it slowly dawned on them that U2 aren't actually a British band.

Oops. What a way to lose yer job!

personally Fizzy I tink the Brits are slumping big time...............MTV rocks a bit better, though MTV 97 was the best in my opinion, from U2 openin it up to Backstreet lads closing it, it was just a brilliant show................
biggrin.gif

The Brits are a joke, basically. I heard Bob the Builder was among the other nominees.

Damn the English and their perverted music scene!(disclaimer: that is partly tongue-in-cheek)

Plus most of their music rags loathe U2.

Brit's always have to be different. US Grammy?s, which is the most credible of all Awards, nominates U2 for 8 the Brit's snub their snob nose at U2 and the US Grammy's. No wander Americans say the things they do about the Brit's. The Brit Awards have now made themselves the laughing stock of the WORLD.
icon27.gif

------------------
Dream up the kind of world you want to live in.
Dream OUTLOUD. At HIGH VOLUME.
Peace to U2 and 2U
U2Byrd
3d.gif

while i'm not supporting the brits, no award show will appeal to everyone. the grammys are the most credible, but they usual support old acts (!) and commercial succuesses.

an award show only appeals to you when your band is nominated.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Right lets get something straight about the Brit awards (or British Phonographic Awards for their full title). THEY ARE JUST FOR BRITISH ARTISTS!!!! SO dont' compare them to MTV awards or Grammies etc

There are various categories 'best british artist', 'best british female' etc etc. AND 'best international artist'. Now up till very recently U2 have only ever been nominated in the 'best international band' - in the 80s the other bands were REM, Guns and Roses etc. i.e. other non-brithish bands. U2 won this category quite a few times and that was that, no one complained.

Now don't get me wrong they should already have their name engraved on the 'best international band' - no other non-british band has come near over the past 12 months.

U2 won 'outstanding contribtuion to british music' last year and in edge's own words "thanks the brits for giving this to an Irish band". But other non-british bands have won this (like fleetwood mac) so that non big deal.

So basically the Brits have only ever given the International award and Outstanding contribution award to non-bitish artist, and therefore U2.

So when people say they should be up for 'best british band' or 'best british single' it's complete rubbish! They have never been nominated in these categories (just like REM etc. have never been).

Right. Now if the current crop of british bands (or panels selection of the british artists) is poor that's a different matter.

In summary U2 should have been nominated for best internations band ONLY (just like in 1988, 1989, 1991 etc etc.)

Glad i've cleared that up

jules

Back
Top Bottom