Breaking Out Of Jail To See U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
Sounds like something out of Ripley's Believe It or Not...anyways, thought you might enjoy this bit of U2 history.

Chris

March 7, 1983: Concert: Bristol, England
An inmate from a nearby prison escapes to see U2 perform in Bristol, England. After the show, the inmate returns to his cell.

March 8, 1983: Concert: Exeter, England
The same inmate from the concert the night before convinces prison officials to allow all the inmates to attend tonight's show in Exeter. Permission is granted, and U2 meet the entire group after the concert. Says Bono: "Some of them looked really villainous, but they were all well behaved."

now I finally understand why I was strip searched the last time I went to see U2

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Wow...

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Well, I must say-during the Elevation tour, there sure seemed to be some inmate-like people around me a few times.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure it could have been any of us if it had been us ended up in jail. I think we all are crazy enough about U2 to do something like that.
smile.gif
And to be "rewarded" for the escape with another concert AND meet the band, it sure was worth the risk at the first escape.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!!

That's too funny!

I met a guy in line at the San Jose show last April who had had to fly in from San Diego early that morning because he had spent the night in jail!

He had, apparently, been a little too drunk after the San Diego U2 show and wasn't exactly cooperative when they wouldn't allow him on the plane
rolleyes.gif

LOL! That's awesome!

Reminds me of the second Toronto Elevation show where Bono quoth, "you can tell it's friday niht anyway from these folk... these ones just got outta jail!"

We figured later that it could well be because a bunch of people in front of him were all wearing orange shirts

Back
Top Bottom