Brazilian Fan Needs Help !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cristivox

The Fly
Does anybodyy knows where can I find the speech given by Bono before he sings ONE in VERTIGO LIVE FROM CHICAGO 2005 where he mentions the americans putting the man on the moon ....etc... ? I really need to have that speech for an english study but I can´t understand him just listening to it at the DVD.
Please, could anybody help me? It´s very, very important.
Thanks

I already watched the vídeo on Youtube: Wonderful!!! but, anyway I really need the whole transcript in english. If someone knows where I can have it, please.....
Followeru2, thanks for trying to help me !!!!

Well, I thought that, by watching the video with subtitles, you could try out your own transcript. in english. It would be a good exercise, don´t you think?

Anyways, the source I know for that kind of research is u2wanderer.org, but they don´t have transcripts available for that dvd yet.

Good luck
um abraço
MT

Well, here's my take on it. Anyone, feel free to correct me:

When I was a boy, my first impression of America was a man walking on the moon. And ... Neil Armstrong, that's in 1969... I thought.. I thought: "these Americans are mad, they are mad" (laughs), but I thought: "what can this country do? What can these people do, when they put their mind to it? It's incredible." John F. Kennedy was the one... in 1963 he said: "by the end of the decade, we're gonna put a man on the moon."

Well, it's not because it was on everybody's mind, it just was the right thing to do, and it was.. it's what we're asking now, President Bush, Prime Minister Blair and all the other world leaders to do. We're asking them to do something extraordinary... not put a man on the moon, more like put mankind back on earth. We have the technology, we have the resources, we have the know how to end the extreme poverty, if.. if we have the will. And I believe we have the will.

Others, you know, we had the civil rights movement, others ended apartheid, others tore back the iron curtain. That's what this generation... that's what is up to us. Our moon shot, our putting a man on the moon. We're gonna end extreme poverty, we're gonna make poverty history. That's what is fallen to us to do. And I believe, that's not an impossible adventure. I believe in 50 years, they'll look back on this moment, and they'll say: "there was some people at a time, who said, it's not ok to have a child dying for lack of a 20 cent immunization. It's not ok to have a child dying for lack of food in his belly in the twenty first century, that's not ok anymore."

I know you know that, but I'd like you to tell President Bush that, Prime Minister Blair that, and any other politician you see. You can do it quite easy, you just take out your cell phone. Anyone got a cell phone here? You can get yourselves into a lot of trouble with a cell phone, take it out! Cell phones... dangerous little devices.

Turn my lights off, Bruce!

So we're looking for a million Americans to email us to join the One Campaign. We're not looking for your money. We're looking for your voice.

A great speech, actually! Hope I could help.

Last edited:
Perfect "beachball" .... just perfect !!!!!!!! You really helped me a lot, and I completely agree with you about this speech: This is THAT speech.... a great speech....
Thanks, thanks a lot !!!!!!!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom