Brandon Boyd Inspired By Elevation Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Incubus Finds Inspiration From U2
Launch, May 09, 2002

Neal Weiss

As Incubus ventures across the country on its first arena tour ever, band frontman Brandon Boyd has found inspiration in what is perhaps the preeminent large-venue rock act around, U2.

Boyd saw U2 for the first time at New York's Madison Square Garden during the Irish group's recent tour, and came away impressed by their approach to the giant rock show. He tells LAUNCH, "I'd never seen them play before and I was like, 'Whoa!' you know? It was wild. They brought, like, a tastefulness into an arena that I'd never seen before," he says. "Other arena shows that I had seen, it was like explosions and barnyard animals running and, you know, people throwing up in the aisles."

Boyd continues, "There's ways you can do certain things and there's ways that people decide to do them that sometimes become known as the rock 'n' roll way, I guess you could say, the way that it's done. But then I went and saw this band U2, this little band from Ireland, and they did it in a way that was a little bit more -- in my opinion -- the way that it should be done."

yea i just read that. it was kind of cool eventhough i dont like incubus. the only thing about the article i didnt care for was when he said "little band from ireland"

I believe he was being completely sarcastic here saying 'little band from Ireland'-in other words, they are anything but...

He obviously thinks very highly of them.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Yes-very good work w/ the smilies Diamond.

But whatever happened to The U2 Patriot?

icon9.gif

Just toning down the rhectric and brash tones is all.
wink.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

incubus will go far. i didn't like them when they first started making videos and had songs played on the radio. they were lumped together with a bunch of crappy bands that came out of the 98-99 era, a lot of those bands are gone, but incubus are still around. their second album showed a more grown up sound. in a lot of ways they parallel a young U2.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
in a lot of ways they parallel a young U2.
if you dismiss the 'quality' factor

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Ever noticed that any band that someone likes on this board they compare to a young U2? I remember a post comparing Linkin Park and one of their songs to I Will Follow a while back. Funny how people work...

It's all PR... sing some praises about another big band, just to brown-nose other fans.

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 05-10-2002).]

Funny, i just bought "Morning View" a little bit ago. Yes, I like Incubus. And Braydon Bond is a smart little fellow.

------------------
Don't look now...

Thanks Gina.
And now I know who Boyd Brandon is too.

D
B

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Um, it's Brandon Boyd Diamond

smile.gif

incubus08.jpg

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-10-2002).]

OOPS.
Ah .
Right,the little Brandon fellow.
Cool.
wink.gif

Think I got it right now.
Thanks-
smile.gif

dB9

PS- How ya like my smiles Gina?

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Yes-very good work w/ the smilies Diamond.

But whatever happened to The U2 Patriot?

icon9.gif

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~

Back
Top Bottom